Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Stephen M. Ross School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Learn to create a winning, results-driven, goal-oriented team — one that will time and again deliver superb performance.
Understand the underlying dynamics of high-performing teams, implement the 10 steps needed for effective decision making, and develop strategies using the three foundations of effective team leadership.
While most corporations depend on teams to achieve organizational results, few leaders have acquired best practices for turning a group of diverse individuals into a cohesive winning team.
The strategies you learn in this program will help you strengthen your skills as a team leader and increase your effectiveness in building and managing any kind of team, including executive teams, cross-functional teams, virtual teams and more.
You’ll also develop leadership strategies to help your teams do their best work, as well as ways to avoid several common problems that can undermine team performance. Through self-assessments, team activities, video cases, and other activities, you will learn what the most effective team leaders do differently than the least effective leaders, regardless of their functional area, industry, or level in the organization.
Understanding the Difference Between Low - and High-Performing Teams
- Recognize the characteristics of extraordinary teams versus mediocre teams
- Understand the three most important tasks of the team leader: providing clear and engaging goals, creating a work design that drives results, and coaching individuals and teams
Developing Your Team Leadership Style
- Discover the characteristics of superior team leaders
- Assess your leadership style, strengths, and weaknesses
- Identify how your leadership style enhances and inhibits team performance
Creating Conditions that Bring Out the Best in Your Teams
- Align team members by providing a meaningful purpose and smart goals
- Design a results-oriented team environment by providing appropriate structures and resources
- Coach the team by knowing when (and how) to intervene and when to stay out of the team's way
- Implement 10 steps for making effective decisions
- Connect your team to critical people, teams and resources
- Turn team conflict into opportunities for building common ground and engaging critical thinking
- Identify and handle problems that can undermine performance before they become bigger problems
Leveraging Diverse and Virtual Teams
- Understand the opportunities and challenges when working with diversity and across distances
- Apply best practices for enhancing communication, coordination, and cooperation
*Organizational Benefits *
- Team leaders who can take their teams to the next level of performance, including in complex and high-stakes situations
- A valuable blueprint for creating a culture of agile, aligned, and connected teams that are able to get better results in less time using fewer resources
- Frameworks, strategies, and tools that team leaders can teach to others throughout the organization
- Deeper knowledge of how your personal style affects your team’s ability to achieve important goals
- A step-by-step process for coaching individuals and teams
- Strategies for building external relationships that help the team achieve faster results
- A post-program private coaching session to follow up on your progress
Who should attend
This program is ideal for emerging leaders and those who want to improve their teams’ performance by learning the latest best practices for leading teams.
Trust the experts
Research Paula J. Caproni is on the faculty of the Management and Organizations Department at the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. Professor Caproni received her MBA from the University of Massachusetts and her Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Yale University. ...