This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
LeHHO was designed in conjunction with Management Sciences for Health (MSH), through funding from USAID, for the healthcare leaders of our region. It is geared towards improving healthcare delivery, a key indicator of economic development. The face of healthcare is dynamic and more complex than ever, with technological innovations, new treatments, laws & regulations, and healthcare service delivery models. In addition to negotiating the day-to-day demands of a busy and complex organisation, healthcare delivery leaders must also evaluate and understand the impact of different healthcare delivery models and major service delivery programs in specific disease areas.
Key Focus Areas
- Module 1: Understanding the Healthcare Environment
- Module 2: Improving Organisational Performance
- Module 3: Healthcare System Management
- Module 4: Managing Healthcare Value Creation
- Module 5: Getting Ready For What Lies Ahead
Like all SBS programs, LeHHO focuses on the person, benefiting him and, in extension, the healthcare institution for which he works. It will enable you to:
- Be in a vantage position to shape healthcare provision in the region in the next decade
- Capture and implement innovations in order to achieve organisational excellence and improve financial performance
- Evaluate new healthcare delivery models and understand how they could affect your organisation
- Network with industry leaders from both the public and private health sector
- Apply best practices in management and healthcare delivery to help your organisation sustain competitive advantage
The programme is offered in five (5) modules spread over six (6) months. Each module runs for four days, from Monday to Thursday (7.30 AM – 5.00 PM).
Who should attend
The program is targeted at the top leadership and senior executives responsible for performance and service delivery in public, private, faith-based and non-governmental healthcare organisations.
Trust the experts
Dr. Mungai was the Dean of SBS for the period 2008-2012 during which the school expanded its range of executive management courses and international partnerships. His previous assignments at Strathmore include serving as the Academic and Research Director of Strathmore Business School and as Depu...
Strathmore Business School - Institute of Healthcare Management