Leading High-Performance Teams
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Asper School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Working closely together in teams can unlock creativity and innovation and drive value. Or, it can devolve into conflict as team members clash over working styles or spar over turf. What turns a team-in-name-only into a high-functioning, high performing team? In this two-day workshop, you will join other professionals and begin by considering how to construct an environment in which teams succeed. Using simulations, cases, and class discussion, you will learn how to:
- Establish a shared vision and define the team's culture
- Develop effective roles and team structures that provide members with clarity and accountability
- Foster open, effective communication that allow team members to get in sync--and stay in sync
- Create shared goals and incentive structures that reward collaboration and drive results
Then, we will consider the common barriers and challenges leaders of teams face -- and how to adapt the fundamentals of effective team leadership to challenging contexts. With lively case discussions and practical hands-on exercises, you will learn how to:
- Manage diverse and cross-functional teams, help teams break down silos and collaborate more effectively
- Deal with the challenge of temporary and project teams, learning how to quickly build trust and cooperation when time is of the essence
- Allow virtual teams, separated by geography or organizational boundaries, to work effectively together when they can't be face to face
Who should attend
This program is designed for team leaders from all functional areas who seek the knowledge to create and lead diverse, high-perfoming teams.