Leading Digital Transformation
Equip current and emerging organisation leaders to make strategic investment decisions and successfully stand-up, navigate and embed a Digital Transformation
Digital technologies are having a profound effect on the way organisations deliver value to their customers and in achieving sustainably efficient and effective operations. With increasing competitive disruption and disintermediation from their customers, the challenges and opportunities, particularly for established organisations, have never been more acute. In response, many organisations have been seeking to Digitally Transform their organisations through the establishment of significant investment initiatives. These programs have achieved variable outcomes.
To assure success, leaders responsible for these initiatives require a practical and objective knowledge base and toolkit that equips them to develop an agile strategy and take no regret investment decisions.
What you'll learn
You will build on your leadership skills and digital knowledge to:
- Understand how digital technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain, and the Internet of Things are radically changing competitive environments, what the implications are for your organisation and how you can leverage this technology to ensure the sustainability of your organisation
- Develop a strategic response to digital disruption and an actionable plan to realise the opportunities and mitigate the threats and challenges
- Communicate fluently on digital technology issues to allow meaningful discussions, constructive negotiation and consideration of vendors, and take informed decisions to the long-term benefit of your organisation
- Identify opportunities for operating model efficiency and effectiveness gains and de-risked approaches to quantifying and realising gains
- Shape organisational culture and behaviour to become digital first, lead with a growth mindset and become accepting of change and continuous, iterative improvement
- Understand how to become a much more agile and nimble organisation; creating and fostering opportunities for innovation in the core operations, while also considering new business models
- Understand the impact of digital technology on your existing business model and opportunities to reinvent and transition to new business models that ensure relevance and customer preference
How you'll learn
Through a mixture of facilitated panel discussions, key note speakers, case studies, War Gaming, scenario modelling and experiential activities, including site visits with leading exemplars of Digital Transformation, you will develop a Digital Transformation action plan to take back to your organisation.
You will hear from, and engage with, the personal experiences of industry leaders on successfully designing and executing digital transformation. You will also benefit from access to digital pre and post program modules to help you prepare for the program and embed your plan.
You will experience the ‘Art of the Possible’ at UNSW’s world-leading facilities to broaden your horizons and discuss with experts and researchers the implications for your organisation while working on your own transformation strategy.
Lead a Digital Transformation
Strategically define the objectives for your Digital Transformation, including its alignment to and achievement of current corporate strategy and its goals and the key success factors and indicators; the key phases of implementation and ‘Big Rocks’ to be achieved; and, leading the organisation of people and resources to implement and achieve sustainable execution. Learn how to refresh corporate strategy to incorporate Digital Transformation to ensure coordination.
Understand the organisation's external context
Understand external stakeholders and vendors and how to establish and manage customer relationships when moving from a legacy business to digital transformation. This includes a lateral conceptualisation of current and future competitors; potential opportunities to reinvent business models and a need to consider leading and lag indicators of market and industry disruption and strategies to pre-empt and / or defend and resist
Build digital literacy
Improve your digital literacy so as to be conversant with key terms in the vocabulary of digital technologies, enabling meaningful workplace and vendor discussions, and in effective decision making
Shape organisational culture and behaviour
Create and establish cultural and behavioural mindsets welcoming and fostering of a digitally enabled organisation – empowered to innovate and experiment; work outside of traditional silos; appreciate the benefits of working with data-led insights; and, in seeking opportunities to achieve win-win outcomes of enhanced customer outcomes and reduced operating costs
Digitally enabled customer centric strategy
Understand how digital technology and data can personalise customer experiences and outcomes to maximise customer loyalty, share of wallet and ongoing customer preference. Learn how straight through processing and customer experience platforms, together with AI and machine learning, can significantly enhance customer value and mitigate customer pain points and dissonance in their journey
Understand the organisational and industry implications for emerging technologies
Develop a jargon-free understanding of emerging technologies and trends like blockchain, AI, machine learning, the Internet of Things, robotics and automation and how to leverage these within a Digital Transformation. Experience first-hand examples of organisations that are leveraging digital technology successfully and hear and discuss case studies for those that haven’t. Speak to UNSW experts about the opportunities and challenges that such technologies bring
Mitigate and manage risk presented by digital technology, including making no-regret investment decisions
Explain possible threats and identify how to manage risk when navigating the digital landscape. Identify and articulate suitable financial investments in digital technology that meet long-term business goals and objectives. Learn how to effectively engage with technology vendors – to focus on the end-outcomes and view of success and to ensure long-term value for money and sustainable competitive advantage