Who should attend
This program is for business managers and senior leaders who seek to improve their understanding of data analytics and the cultural, operational and technical issues they need to address as they prepare to launch and lead a digital transformation plan.
About the course
A strategic guide for redefining the way business is done
Everywhere you turn, people are talking about the revolutionary potential of big data in combination with the latest digital technologies. Yet most organizations struggle to unlock this potential, as a growing number of digital-native competitors redefine the way business is done.
This program demystifies the world of big data by providing a practical strategic guide for planning and implementing a digital transformation program. Examine how data can influence your organization’s value proposition. Develop an agile performance approach to achieve actionable results. Prepare to implement a performance strategy that can propel your organization forward in today’s digitally-charged environment.
Online program format
Delivered self-paced online over 4 weeks, the program includes two live 1.5 hour online sessions each week. Average study time per week is about 6-8 hours, including live sessions.
Our online programs are structured to provide a positive learning environment that will enable you to interact with the content and other participants, as well as with the online instructor. All of our instructors are experienced industry professionals who will provide feedback and guidance as you navigate through the content.
- The promise and challenges of big data analytics
- The cultural transformation of becoming a data-driven organization
- The purpose of a data strategy and how to create one
- Preparing the organization for digital transformation
- Applying design thinking to establish strategic focus and alignment
- Understanding and prioritizing different types of data analytics
- Aligning people and technology development priorities
- Turning data insights Into business actions
- Legal and ethical responsibilities
- The role of data governance and how it is applied
Benefits for you
- Understand the language of big data analytics
- Know what it means to be a “data-driven organization” and the change it demands
- Align common types of data analytics with your business priorities
- Apply a structured process for planning and leading a digital transformation program
- Diagnose the cultural and operational change requirements for digital transformation
- Avoid common barriers to realizing the full potential of data analytics
- Identify relevant legal and ethical responsibilities
- Recognize the purpose and key tenants of data governance
Jonathan Carrigan is a passionate thought leader with over 15 years experience working at the intersection of technology, strategy, and design. Most recently, Jonathan was a founding member of a corporate transformation office at Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) that oversaw and guided ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.