Who should attend
This program is designed for leaders in strategic roles who are called upon to make complex, cross-organizational decisions, and would like to deepen their understanding of how to lead people through change in a rapidly –changing, team-based environment.
About the course
This program will focus on the challenges of leading in an agile environment where decision-making is being pushed down to the team level. You will work with current models of change leadership to determine how to get the most out of your organization in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) world by engaging in a simulation designed to replicate the complexities of balancing people and performance while moving the organization forward.
Learning Objectives and Program Impact
- Explore effective tactics for leading change using proven models, tools, and techniques
- Using a business simulation, create and test change plans to determine the most effective actions for successfully implementing change
- Determine the most impactful ways to gain buy in from stakeholders during change initiatives
- Enhance your ability to manage change in an agile environment
View from the Senior Leadership Chair
- Today’s challenges in leading change
- Short term versus long term tensions
- The role and challenges of strategic leaders
Change Management Business Simulation: Assess the Situation
- “Interview” stakeholders
- Force field analysis
- Debrief and Change Model Discussion
Change Management Business Simulation: Plan & Implement
- Develop a change plan incorporating cost and time constraints
- Implement the planned actions
- Debrief – results of actions taken & implications
Comparison of Change Models
- Review of relevant models – Kotter; ADKAR; Lewin
- Discussion of elements most relevant for current challenges
Application to Participant Change Initiatives
- Assessment of current state
- Development of idealized state
- Development of stakeholder plans
- Development of communication plans
- The case for agility
- Known knowns and known unknowns
- Small bets and experiments
- Quick wins
- Accountability matrix
Kathy Pearson is Founder and President of Enterprise Learning Solutions, a firm focused on executive development. She is a Senior Fellow at the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics at the University of Pennsylvania and has also served as an adjunct associate professor in the Operations and...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.