Who should attend
Marketers who either anticipate or know marketing change is critical to future organisational success and want support and ideas to help navigate it successfully. You will be looking to successfully manage marketing change within your team and function, or you may be looking to lead and champion genuine customer-centric marketing within the context of broader organisational transformation.
About the course
The context within which marketing functions and practices operate has shifted radically over recent times, fuelled by evolving digital technologies, challenging and changeable market conditions and significant changes in customer behaviours and needs. It is increasingly the marketing leader’s role to build and sell the case for reshaping the organisational environment where necessary.
Many organisations need marketing to strengthen performance as they strive to meet evolving customer expectations and emerging needs. It is the marketing leader’s job to be the driving force behind areas such as insight and appraising the role of brand equity and corporate reputation in directing and sustaining change within the organisation. Vision, strong relationships with the leadership team, strong cross-functional collaborations and an ability to prove ROI to the C-Suite are all vital to the modern marketing leader’s success.
We will highlight contemporary practice in effectively leading and engaging others to deliver marketing change and managing the process. The sessions include industry leading approaches and examples on how driving a customer-facing organisational structure and strong culture can support plans to optimise corporate capability. The workshop is broken into the three core areas needed for leading marketing change; building the right case for change, creating a powerful change culture and implementing effective change.
Building the case for change
- Understand the role of a Marketing Change Leader in organisational strategy
- The role of brand equity, corporate reputation, culture and values in directing and sustaining marketing change
- Appreciate the need for new internal collaborations for the desired marketing change to succeed
- Evaluate barriers, benefits and challenges to your organisation in implementing future change
Create a powerful change culture
- How to successfully navigate marketing change with relevant stakeholders
- Understand the role of internal communications in engaging others with change
- Appreciate how to use insight to facilitate change and develop a culture for continuous and sustainable innovation
How to implement effective change
- Understand the difference and challenges between marketing and broader strategic leadership
- Understand the process and environment needed to implement, review and reflect on the effectiveness of change
Vanessa Moon has 25 years experience in marketing, insight and integrated communications built across a variety of agency roles and longstanding project, training and consultancy work including clients such as Asda, Avon, Kraft, Bacardi-Martini, Saint-Gobain and Haymarket. She has trained and co...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.