Leading and Transforming Family Businesses—China
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Guanghua School of Management.Full disclaimer.
According to one Chinese proverb, “wealth does not go beyond three generations.” As family businesses in Greater China reach new growth stages, each leade renvisions a proud future: afirm with an expanded scope that succeeds in delivering value and creating wealth for many generations to come. But the strategies that helped to drive profits and mitigate risk in the past will not be sufficient to transform that future vision into reality.To overcome their challenges and sustain success, leaders must transform their family firms—strengthening governance, increasing innovation, and designing sound growth strategies that take advantage of local and global opportunities.
This new program—jointly offered by Guanghua School of Management, Peking University; SaïdBusiness School, University of Oxford; and Harvard Business School—will help you overcome the strategic and organizational challenges facing today’s family businesses in Greater China. Exploring best practices from family firms in China and around the globe, you will improve your ability to build competitive advantage, optimize organizational performance, execute smooth leadership transitions, and create a stronger family business.
What You Can Expect
Leading and Transforming Family Businesses—China draws on the experience and expertise of faculty from three distinguished universities to explore the strengths of family businesses and best practices for growth in China and around the world.
Faculty with deep family business expertise will guide you through a comprehensive curriculum focused on strengthening Chinese family businesses. Through the program’s three-module format, you will have the opportunity to experience the best teaching from three universities in a truly global context.
The program has been carefully designed to help you build on past success, overcome obstacles, and develop strategies to ensure that your business prospers in the years to come. Specifically, you will develop your ability to:
- Recognize and address the specific challenges associated with family-owned and family-managed businesses in Greater China—from governance to diversification to planning and executingfirst-time generational transitions
- Formulate effective strategies for achieving common goals, addressing conflicts within and across generations, and planning for the family’s future
- Implement structures and processes that lead to high-performance companies
- Respond effectively tovolatile and uncertain economic, political, and market conditionsin China and around the world
- Innovate to build competitive advantage in a global context
- Design growth strategies that take full advantage of the business’s strengths while minimizing its vulnerabilities
- Develop organizational leadership to meet the challenges facing today’s family businesses
Who should attend
Leading and Transforming Family Businesses—China is ideal for established Chinese family-run businesses from any industry that are reaching milestones in their growth and are seeking new strategies for long-term success. Individuals and teams from family-run businesses with Chinese origins, operating in Mainland China, Hong kong, Taiwan, or overseas, are encouraged to apply.