Leading and Managing Change
You will gain an understanding of how to lead and manage organizational change in response to many situations. In addition, you will examine the strategic issues that confront managers when dealing with change. You will take away a sense of where your department is in the overall context of the Government of Alberta, and of leading thoughts and practices in the management of change.
- What are the forces of change?
- The environmental context of organizational change
- Change and its impact in the characteristics of government
- What issues are important to consider in the design and implementation of programs or processes of change?
- What are the characteristics and consequences of introducing different organization designs on the potential success of change programs?
- How do leadership and culture shape the implementation of change?
- What can be done to ensure changes are enduring and effective?