Leading and Executing Change
Develop a Change Strategy that Aligns with Organizational Objectives
Course Level: Advanced
Designed for executives and senior leaders, this course will equip you with principles, tools and techniques for planning, executing and integrating the changes needed to drive your company’s strategy. Learn steps you can apply to varying scales of change initiatives, and develop a game plan to build support. Sustain momentum for change while applying a disciplined approach to communicate clearly, resource accurately and avoid surprises.
- Elucidate the impact a business initiative will have on the organization
- Understand how to identify and deal with projects that go wrong
- Design a comprehensive and structured approach to change efforts
- Provide your people with the insights, skills and inspiration needed to do things differently
- Embed a communication plan into the change strategy
- Integrate change into the organization as smoothly as possible
- Build a shared vision of success
- Change management framework: forces that drive organizational change, aligning change initiatives to organizational strategy, guiding principles for leading change
- Managing stakeholders: involving stakeholders from the outset, encouraging them to buy into and lead change, ensuring that change remains aligned to strategy, communicating throughout the change, identifying behaviours that need to be encouraged or eliminated, supporting a new direction by mobilizing relevant aspects of organizational culture
- Building the change management plan: key components of the change management plan, creating response-management and training plans, preparing the change management team and sponsors, branding the change to capture interest and commitment
You will follow a step-by-step example of an enormously successful change implemented by a well-established British Columbia organization. By applying these techniques to your own current initiative, you will experience the process of collaborative planning firsthand.
Who should attend
This advanced-level course is designed for executives and senior-level directors who plan to undertake a new initiative, or whose organization is currently undergoing change.
Note: as the program focuses on change influence from the highest organizational levels, it is not suitable for middle managers, supervisors, team leaders or administrative support staff.