Leading Across Generations - Boomers to Millennials
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with David Eccles School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Millennials are today’s largest working generation, and yet they are increasingly misunderstood. Companies who understand and successfully harness the competencies of their younger employees enjoy an engaged, empowered workforce that drives growth and innovation. Leave this program with a plan to foster a culture that attracts, motivates, and develops the next generation of business leaders.
Millennials are unlike preceding generations. They view the world differently and have redefined the meaning of success, personally and professionally. In some cases, this has led to misunderstanding and miscommunication within multi-generational organizations. Increasingly, business managers and leaders are recognizing the benefits of this generation’s unique competency and perspective, and employers are looking for ways to effectively harness their strengths.
With Millennials recently surpassing Generation X as the largest generation in the American workforce, companies are increasingly committed to attracting and retaining the unique skills of these individuals. Along with describing demographic and attitudinal characteristics of the workforce of the future, this program explores how the workplace itself can be reimagined to inspire its occupants and support the sustainable lifestyle that Millennials crave.
In this program, you will:
- Identify character traits, capabilities, and priorities of the workforce of the future.
- Explore what Millennials value in a job, what motivates them, and what they expect from their managers and leaders.
- Provide examples of what successful organizations are doing to engage, inspire, and leverage the strengths of this generation.
- Design a learning and development strategy focused on meeting the needs of modern learners.
- Develop a plan to more effectively integrate Millennials into a multi-generational workforce.