Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The Leadership Winter Academy seeks to equip participants with essential leadership skills needed to build strong and sustainable business models in emerging and developing countries.
The 5-Day in-house training features interactive lectures, group discussions, role plays, and case studies.
Senior managers in the development setting often experience very specific leadership challenges - leading multicultural teams in highly competitive environments; facing tough negotiations with donors, clients and staff; ensuring integrity and continuity. This course is customized to ensure that participants master the 5 essential leadership skills needed to build strong and sustainable business models in emerging and developing countries.
The 5 Essential Leadership Skills for Top Managers in Development Finance
Day 1: Be a Leader - Walk the Talk
- Leadership Styles and Body Language: Role play of challenging leadership situations in development finance institutions
- Analysis of individual leadership styles/coaching
Day 2: Create Value
- Tactics in Negotiations: What should be on the table? How should this be approached? Who should be involved?
- Building Coalitions and Engaging with Donors: Role play for development finance setting
Day 3: Building Winning Teams: Leadership in Teams and Decision Groups
- Lessons from Professional Sports: spotting and recruiting talent
- Selecting and hiring at development finance institutions
- Case Study
Day 4: Leading Winning Teams: Charismatic and Transformational Leaderhsip
- Motivation and performance on the pitch and at your institution
- Retaining talent in a highly competitive environment: poaching/succession planning, etc.
Day 5: Excercise Integrity - Moral and Authentic Leadership
- Dealing with ethical and moral dilemmas in the development finance context
- Wrap-up of the week
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is one of Europe’s largest business schools for banking and finance. Furthermore, we have gathered extensive experience in microfinance training and consultancy world-wide and know the ins and outs of mainstream banking as well as microfinance. Our Leadership Academy therefore offers state-of-the-art banking and microfinance know-how, combined in one programme.
Who should attend
Senior Managers in the development setting (Advanced level).
Trust the experts
Björn Michaelis is Adjunct Professor of Management and Organization at Kühne Logistics University. Before coming to KLU, Prof. Michaelis was a post-doc researcher and Habilitand at the UBS-Endowed Professorship for Strategic Management at Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany. At the Goethe Unive...
Professor of Corporate Culture and Human Resources of the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management. His research interests include change management, performance-oriented remuneration and human capital. Born on 22 January 1955 in Schrobenhausen (Bavaria). From 1975 to 1980, studies of econom...
Online Master Students visit FS for Winter Leadership Academy