Leadership Winter Academy
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.Full disclaimer.
The Leadership Winter Academy seeks to equip participants with essential leadership skills needed to build strong and sustainable business models in emerging and developing countries.
The 5-Day in-house training features interactive lectures, group discussions, role plays, and case studies.
Senior managers in the development setting often experience very specific leadership challenges - leading multicultural teams in highly competitive environments; facing tough negotiations with donors, clients and staff; ensuring integrity and continuity. This course is customized to ensure that participants master the 5 essential leadership skills needed to build strong and sustainable business models in emerging and developing countries.
The 5 Essential Leadership Skills for Top Managers in Development Finance
Day 1: Be a Leader - Walk the Talk
- Leadership Styles and Body Language: Role play of challenging leadership situations in development finance institutions
- Analysis of individual leadership styles/coaching
Day 2: Create Value
- Tactics in Negotiations: What should be on the table? How should this be approached? Who should be involved?
- Building Coalitions and Engaging with Donors: Role play for development finance setting
Day 3: Building Winning Teams: Leadership in Teams and Decision Groups
- Lessons from Professional Sports: spotting and recruiting talent
- Selecting and hiring at development finance institutions
- Case Study
Day 4: Leading Winning Teams: Charismatic and Transformational Leaderhsip
- Motivation and performance on the pitch and at your institution
- Retaining talent in a highly competitive environment: poaching/succession planning, etc.
Day 5: Excercise Integrity - Moral and Authentic Leadership
- Dealing with ethical and moral dilemmas in the development finance context
- Wrap-up of the week
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is one of Europe’s largest business schools for banking and finance. Furthermore, we have gathered extensive experience in microfinance training and consultancy world-wide and know the ins and outs of mainstream banking as well as microfinance. Our Leadership Academy therefore offers state-of-the-art banking and microfinance know-how, combined in one programme.
Who should attend
Senior Managers in the development setting (Advanced level).