Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This seminar will be of interest to senior executives, business managers, project and team leaders who are looking for ways to maximize the effectiveness of work teams or staff they currently manage.
Department heads from all functional areas of your organization will benefit from this comprehensive teambuilding approach.
About the course
Business “teams” have taken most North American organizations by storm.
The use of well-managed cross-functional teams has led to dramatic improvements in business innovation, productivity and levels of customer service for companies in all sectors.
Find out how to structure, motivate and manage powerful project teams to solve any business challenge.
From forming technical project teams, to sales and marketing teams, to manufacturing and engineering teams, learn techniques that will help you improve your ability to manage complex projects and stay on track.
What You Will Learn
- A personal and organizational diagnostic survey to enhance your team leadership skills
- Techniques to ensure results-driven team meetings
- Teams and organizational change – structuring for success
- Managing individual team members for maximum productivity and job satisfaction
- 360º feedback and specific teambuilding instruments to apply back at the office
- Analyze and understand your current strengths and weaknesses as a team leader
- Develop the most appropriate style of leadership for handling people during the team development cycle
- Ensure team style is aligned with the company culture
- Deal with different types of individual team members: over-achievers, underachievers, mavericks and conformists
- Use power and influence appropriately to achieve common objectives
- Motivate teams during change
Unique Course Feature
Special Session: Today’s Intergenerational Workplace
In this forward-thinking session, Joe Sherren will help you understand the changing dynamic of today’s intergenerational workplace and how to develop a culture that will attract and retain the best and brightest.
Phases of Organizational Transformation
- Creating a culture for high-performing teams
- A process for creating Values, Vision, Mission
- Identifying causes of organizational crises
Stages for Building the Ideal Team
- The good and bad of stress
- Evolution of team creation
- The four effective team models
- A personal mindset assessment
Creating a Collaborative Culture
- Who wants to be a millionaire?
- Identifying constructive behaviours
- Creating a win/win environment
Practical Coaching Strategies
- Coaching poor performance
- Turning poor work around
- Elements of a successful coaching session
Creating Communication Connections
- Interactive workshop
- Celebrating our differences
- Predicting a pattern of response from others
- Techniques to increase charisma
Beginning the Team Focused Journey
- The Raging River© exercise
- Defining the “right” solution
- How I Achieve Harmony© assessment
Building an Ethical Mindset
- Interactive lecture on personal and business ethics
- Review of values, morals, scruples and integrity
- Taking responsibility for personal choices
- A process for ethical-based team decisions
- Mitigating workplace risk
Conflict and Change Management
- Problem solving and conflict resolution strategies
- How to handle peers and senior managers resistant to change
Managing Conflict in the Workplace
- Analyzing personal conflict strategies
- Three fundamentals for team decision making
Improving Your Leadership Thinking and Behaviours
- Analysing LSI™ Assessment results (Pre-Work)
- Understanding constructive, aggressive and passive behaviours
- Action planning to improve personal and team based behaviours
Integrating the Impact of Change
- The E.N.E.R.G.Y. principle
- Maximizing personal potential
- Developing your journey
Growing a Management Team
- Encouraging an empowered environment
- Survival simulation – Desert II™
- GSI™ Assessment
A Prescription for Change™
- Developing a personal action plan
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses
- Finding an accountability partner
Discussion and Wrap-Up
- A team leadership commitment
- A credo for an empowered team
Biography Joe Sherren, President of Ethos Enterprises Inc., is a management effectiveness expert who has spoken to more than 4,000 audiences in over 30 countries in the areas of leadership, team development and group motivation. His corporate experience includes 25 years in senior management pos...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.