Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for leaders in strategic roles who are called upon to make complex, cross-organizational decisions, and want to identify and enhance their leadership abilities and leverage a powerful understanding of their own style and “blind spots.” Strategic leaders who are new to higher levels of leadership, who are in a new environment, or who are leading a new team will also benefit.
About the course
Leadership Strategies includes an executive strategy simulation, peer feedback, faculty coaching, and assessment tools to provide an in-depth understanding of your own leadership style and its impact on others. You will discover the role emotional intelligence plays in potential success or derailment and develop a personalized action plan to enhance your ability to influence and lead more effectively in your own organization.
Learning Objectives and Program Impact
- Explore personal influence, potential for derailment, options for conflict management, and decision making.
- Identify ways to develop trust, influence, and skills for giving and receiving feedback.
- Discover the impact of emotional intelligence.
- Create a personal development plan based on assessment results, feedback, and coaching.
- Personality Type Dimensions and Overview
- Your MBTI Step II Report
- Leadership Applications
- Influence, Power, and Organizational Objectives
- Effective Influence Tactics
- Understanding Conflict Styles
- Defining Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Using EI in Leadership Settings
- EI and Your MBTI Profile
- Simulation Overview
- Simulation Exercise
- Simulation Debrief
- Lessons Learned
- Effective Feedback
- Peer Feedback
- Job Challenge Profile
- Development Planning
A recent graduate from our theology program at Holy Apostles has joined the Alumni Association Board and has been helping us as Editor of this website, posting updates and news of interest to alumni. Please welcome Joan M. Ashman to the team. We are so grateful for her involvement. If you an alum...
Kramer-Kawakami works with LIMRA in a special consultant role, participating in projects through several areas of the organization. She works on consultation projects in marketing and strategic planning, distribution development, and organizational learning and change. She has worked with member ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.