Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Leaders from large, medium, and small publishing companies and elsewhere in the industry, including:
- CEO, President, Founder, CMO, CTO, and COO
- Editor, Editor-in-Chief, and Managing Editor
- Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Advertising Manager, Publicity, and Digital Strategy Manager / Director
- Audience Development and Subscription Manager / Director
- Creative Director
- Literary agents and publishing consultants
About the course
The curriculum examines the challenges and opportunities of the ever-changing publishing landscape. You will learn from prominent industry leaders in this week-long intensive. Past speakers have included Richard Stolley (People and Time, Inc.), Dorothy Kalins (Dorothy Kalins Ink, LLC), Michael Clinton (Hearst Magazines), and Kevin McKean (DataNeutrality.org). See session descriptions in the Print and Digital Media Curriculum tab.
From Previous Participants
“One of YPC’s unique aspects is that you are fully immersed for an entire week and you’re hearing not just about the current state of our industry but about the future. You’re hearing from some of the best and brightest people who are carving out what it means to be a modern magazine company, not just right now but five years from now.” — Cindy Leive, Editor-in-Chief, Glamour
“The Yale Publishing Course brings together some of the most innovative and dynamic leaders from the magazine media world all in one place. The course provided a unique ‘look behind the curtain.’ I am definitely walking away with so much new knowledge that I plan to put into action at my company.” — Michael Krans, Associate Publisher, Sales, Harper’s Bazaar
“The Yale Publishing Course is an extraordinary opportunity to learn from, and converse with, the best minds in publishing today in the most beautiful, distinguished setting. Chatting over lunch and marveling over the detailed presentations, I feel like I’ve met my dream-team board of advisors.” — Michelle Herrera Mulligan, Editor-in-Chief, Cosmopolitan for Latinas
An Immediate Return on Investment
- Leadership toolkit to guide and develop inspired teams in tumultuous times
- Innovation framework to drive growth in a global world
- Implications of cultural change and transition for management, staff, and personal career development
- Brand building through behavioral science-driven consumer understanding
- Approaches to marketing in the digital age incorporating social media, podcasts, and data analytics
- New thinking on new revenue sources
- Connection to global network of professionals with shared intellect and passion
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.