Leadership Strategies for Information Technology in Health Care
Health Information Technology Leadership Development Program
The world of health information technology has never before been so complex.
- Learn from industry leaders about future trends in health care and the impact it will have on health care technology
- Develop new approaches to health IT strategy, governance, implementation, and value realization
- Discuss and tackle some of today’s most complex issues in health care IT
- Develop a network of health information technology leaders from across the world
- Learn tools, techniques, and strategies to optimize IT investments
- Prepare for the organizational and leadership challenges with Big Data, Population Health, and Precision Medicine
Learn to Add Value to Health Care with Health IT
Each year, health care companies invest heavily in health information technology. To justify this investment, you must ensure the money spent improves the value of health care services, increases quality, improves patient safety, and results in more efficient and effective processes.
For this reason, senior leaders in health care need a deep understanding of health information technology in order to provide effective leadership for their hospital, health system, or clinic. By attending this program you will gain a thorough understanding of the health IT function, and develop strategies to improve health care through information technology.
This advanced course brings together the diverse stakeholders impacted by health information technology – including CEOs, CIOs, physicians, nurses, informaticists, researchers, vendors, and academics – to ensure you receive an in-depth, applied understanding of the challenges and opportunities health IT presents.
This unique continuing education course is designed for learners who want a meaningful, evidence-based learning environment, grounded in theory but applicable to the real world. Whether you are a physician, nurse, informaticist, information technology professional, or health care executive, this program will provide you with the knowledge and tools to transform health care with health information technology. This is the program to attend if you want to drive health IT performance and value.
A Faculty of Senior Health Care Leaders
This program features expert faculty from leading academic, technology, and health care organizations. Faculty and panelists engage participants in interactive lectures and discussions providing insights from their experience overcoming the challenges of today and the future.
Develop An Unmatched Network of Health Information Technology Leaders
Program participants come from diverse backgrounds, functions, and organizations from around the world, tied together by their commitment to improving health care through technology. By bringing together the various stakeholders involved in health information technology, this course offers a truly rich experience. This program offers a small, personal setting where you will learn as much from your fellow executive education participants as from program faculty as you exchange valuable insights and best practices. With over 20% of alumni coming from outside the United States and representing more than 20 different countries, this is a truly global course. You will leave Harvard having developed a network of leading peers you can rely on for guidance as you return home and implement what you learned.
Objectives & Highlights
In this executive-level program, you will:
- Enhance your leadership skills, focusing on strategies and tactics to enact change
- Engage with expert faculty and industry executives, gaining practical skills and learning best practices
- Develop your organization’s health IT strategic vision, proactively addressing challenges posed by the changing health care landscape
- Improve your ability to increase quality, decrease costs, and advance patient safety through health information technology
- Expand your understanding of future directions of health IT
- Build your leadership skills for strategy design, development, and deployment for more effective and efficient health care delivery
- Expand your capacity to lead digital transformations
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the changing health care landscape and the impact it will have on IT spending
- Build a high level of confidence in understanding IT tools, processes, and methodologies
- Develop an understanding of the challenges and complexities in extending the EHR into telemedicine, patient-centered technologies, and population management
- Recognize the value of continuous experimentation and innovation in health IT as an enabler for continuous quality improvement
- Maximize your knowledge of the opportunities and challenges with Big Data
- Prepare for the leadership challenges in developing effective governance structures
Who should attend
This executive education program is designed for senior managers and executives who are responsible for developing and implementing health information technology strategy in their companies. In addition, senior leaders responsible for organizational strategy, clinical services, or hospital administration will benefit from participating. Physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals in leadership positions will also find this program invaluable. Typical participant titles include, but are not limited to:
- Chief executive officer
- Chief information officer
- Chief medical informatics officer
- Chief nursing informatics officer
- Chief pharmacy informatics officer
- Chief data scientist / business intelligence officer
- Chief medical officer
- Directors of information technology, information systems, or informatics
- Medical director
- Vice presidents of information technology, information systems, or informatics