Who should attend
Middle and senior level managers
About the course
This session builds upon the experience of participants as professionals or managers and establishes a firm foundation from which participants can continue to advance their own development. Through discussions, self-assessment and group work, participants answer key questions such as: “Why do people do what they do?”, “How do I adapt my style to match the situation?”, and “How do I increase the performance of individuals and groups?” Recognizing that the behaviour of leader sets the tone for those that he/she is leading, this workshop provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to “lead for peak performance”.
The purpose of this session is to assist participants in understanding that their primary job in any organization is to create value; create value for stakeholders, employees and especially those who are served by the enterprise. This session will help you analyze your current strengths and weaknesses as a leader, and identify the most appropriate leadership style to get more results through your everyday efforts.
- To recognize the difference between leadership and management
- To identify the 3 key responsibilities of every manager/leader: V.I.P (Value-enhancer, Independentthinker, People- developer)
- To identify the two key processes used to build trust & rapport
- To reflect upon and appreciate the various Leadership “Types” which exist
- To analyze one’s own use of Leadership styles through self-assessment
- To explore the importance of matching leadership style with follower efficacy
- To recognize the elements of effective communication
- To appreciate the interplay between culture and your leadership styles and how this influences that path of your organization and its people
- To commit to developing an action plan for improvement
President, Simul Corporation Sid Ridgley specializes in areas focused on leadership development for the Schulich School of Business, York University. He provides insights, guidance and practical tips & hints to leaders in their pursuit of creating organizational workplaces that are customer...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.