About the course
How should a leader operate in crisis conditions to help their organization survive and thrive? Executives who may be exceptional leaders under normal operations are finding themselves far out of their comfort zones in handling the multiplicity of challenges and risks that this crisis has wrought.
Drawing on two of our most prominent leadership faculty’s research, this program teaches participants to approach the present crisis with authenticity and agility and to draw out the best in themselves and their teams in making the right strategic moves.
Participants learn how to avoid making the wrong leadership decisions under pressure and how to leverage the situation to remind stakeholders, their teams, and themselves of their core values. They also identify how to learn from the crisis, walking away better equipped to lead through the inevitable challenges of tomorrow.
During this time of crisis, the measure of every leader is being tested. This program helps you strengthen yourself, your people, and your organization so you can deal with this crisis with clarity, wisdom, resilience, and agility.
Specifically, you will walk away knowing how to:
- Strategically and successfully manage yourself and your organization through times of crisis
- Avoid making the wrong leadership decisions under pressure
- Communicate effectively about the crisis with internal and external stakeholders
- Create an environment of psychological safety for your teams
- Leverage your core values to guide you through a crisis
- Make high-stakes choices by fusing a deep understanding of the situation with creative intuition
- Strengthen community so everyone on the team actively serves and supports one another
- Create a meaningful path — a hero’s journey — for your team to help them stay inspired through adverse conditions
- Help your organization shift from a limiting mindset to a high-performance mindset so you can achieve more with less
- Translate adversity into motivation, focus, and insight that will help your people learn and innovate in powerful ways
- 5 Core Energies for Crisis Leadership
- Formulating Crisis Strategy
- Staying Inspired
- Building Community
- Rebounding from Adversity
- Shifting Mindsets
- Program Closure
Biography Paul Ingram is the Kravis Professor Business at the Columbia Business School, and Faculty Director of the Columbia Advanced Management Program, Columbia’s flagship residential program for senior executives from around the globe. His PhD is from Cornell University, and he was on the fac...
Hitendra Wadhwa is Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership (IPL). He teaches Columbia's most popular MBA leadership class on Personal Leadership & Success. He also teaches MBA and Executive Education programs on Driving Strategi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.