Who should attend
This workshop is designed for participants who possess an interest in leadership as a discipline, desire to explore various approaches to management, and aim to strengthen their leadership effectiveness in the areas and ways they serve.
About the course
What does it mean to be a leader in today’s world? This workshop will provide an overview of the basic principles and theories of leadership. Participants will discern the differences between management and leadership and dive deep into understanding the inter/intra-personal components that make up effective leadership.
- Participants will leave with a greater understanding of leadership theories.
- Participants will be able to identify various approaches to effective management within an organization.
- Participants will understand key concepts connected to emotionally intelligent leadership.
- Participants will leave with a greater understanding of the ways to increase effectiveness and functionality amongst teams.
- Participants will be able to articulate their own philosophy of what it means to lead within an organization.
- Participants will leave with a heightened awareness of the diverse ways in which leadership is enacted.
- Introduction to Leadership Theories
- Leadership vs Management
- Organizational Theories & Design
- Key Aspects to Supervision
Dr. Pierre’s teaching is focused on college student development, student affairs profession, and leadership within higher education. He carries years of experience as a university administrator, a leader within the field of higher education, and a contributor to many entity groups affiliated with...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.