Who should attend
This program is designed for leaders and managers who have a desire to remain agile in a constrained healthcare environment. Relevant for hospital management or pharmaceutical professionals as well as a diverse range of specialists looking for solutions to help their organizations respond to changing management needs.
About the course
Technology advancements, budget constraints, mergers, staﬀ morale, and changing patient/consumer behaviour are just some of today’s strategic issues aﬀecting healthcare leadership. This new program takes a fresh look at management practices and tools for improved healthcare delivery and staﬀ engagement. Participants will explore world-class examples of overcoming the challenges involved in making changes while staying on track and growing in the healthcare sector. An experiential approach is used to develop options and mobilize resources based on your specific context. By the end of this seminar, you will have a toolkit of practices to aﬀect positive change in healthcare leadership, strategic choices, and staﬀ satisfaction.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Examine transformative leadership and operational strategies to thrive in today’s healthcare environment
- Learn how to engage people in the transformation journey and set up teams to succeed
- Develop resilience in an unclear context and explore biases and limitations to change
- Gain exposure to best-in-class ideas to streamline management processes
- Understand how to set meaningful goals and implement plans to get there
- Connect with an exceptional peer group with whom you can share experiences and ideas
Topics covered in this course
Understanding Key Issues and Trends Affecting Healthcare Leadership
- Internal and external changes impacting people, operations, systems and culture
- Understanding strategic issues raised by changes in technology, delivery, and patient preferences
- Success stories – creative solutions to health care challenges from around the globe
Tools for Change and Keeping Staff Morale on Track
- Understanding why change is important and overcoming biases that limit progress
- Leadership approaches needed to successfully move through stages of change
- Building the resilient mindset, accountability and shared values to make things happen
- Optimizing and managing all processes around your “value stream”
- Employing effective operations strategy
- Efficient business processes: models and tools
Strategic Analysis and Management
- Leverage current changes and future trends in your organization
- Assess value creation opportunities
- What can or can’t be changed and what are the alternatives?
- Implement solutions from healthcare leaders – what actions need to be taken?
- Initiate strategic changes in traditional or mature organizations
- Manage risk and measures of success
- Reflection on and development of a personal plan
- Identify key success factors
Dr. Liette Lapointe is an Associate Professor at McGill’s Desautels Faculty of Management with a Doctorate in Administration and a Master in Healthcare Management. She currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre (C...
Geneviève Lukenda-Lund is an authority in Business Transformation, Performance Improvement, and Strategic Vision for the healthcare sector. As a faculty member of the McGill Executive Institute, she trains and consults with mid-size to large healthcare clients on topics such as creating value, pr...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.