Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McGill Executive institute.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Technology advancements, budget constraints, mergers, staff morale, and changing patient/consumer behaviour are just some of today’s strategic issues affecting healthcare leadership. This new program takes a fresh look at management practices and tools for improved healthcare delivery and staff engagement. Participants will first explore world-class examples of overcoming changes to stay on track and grow in the healthcare sector. An experiential approach is then used to develop options and mobilize resources based your specific context. By the end of this seminar, you will have a toolkit of practices to affect positive change in healthcare leadership, strategic choices, and staff satisfaction.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Examine transformative leadership and operational strategies to thrive in today’s healthcare environment
- Learn how to engage people in the transformation journey and set up teams to succeed
- Develop resilience in an unclear context and explore biases and limitations to change
- Gain exposure to best-in-class ideas to streamline management processes
- Understand how to set meaningful goals and implement plans to get there
- Connect with an exceptional peer group with whom you can share experiences and ideas
Topics covered during the program
Understanding Key Issues and Trends Affecting Healthcare Leadership
- Internal and external changes impacting people, operations, systems and culture
- Understanding strategic issues raised by changes in technology, delivery, and patient preferences
- Success stories – creative solutions to health care challenges from around the globe
Tools for Change and Keeping Staff Morale on Track
- Understanding why change is important and overcoming biases that limit progress
- Leadership approaches needed to successfully move through stages of change
- Building the resilient mindset, accountability and shared values to make things happen
- Optimizing and managing all processes around your “value stream”
- Employing effective operations strategy
- Efficient business processes: models and tools
Strategic Analysis and Management
- Leveraging current changes and future trends in your organization
- Assessing value creation opportunities
- What can or can’t be changed and what are the alternatives?
- Implementing solutions by healthcare leaders - what actions need to be taken?
- Initiating strategic change in traditional or mature organizations
- Managing risk and measures of success
- Reflection and development of a personal plan for Performance and Results
- Identifying key success factors
Who should attend
This program designed is for Leaders/Managers who have a desire to remain agile in a constrained healthcare environment. Relevant for Administrators, Hospital Management Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, Dental Group Teams, Department Heads, and a diverse range of specialists looking for solutions to help their organizations improve and respond to changing management needs. It is also valuable for those in the pharmaceutical or service industries who need to understand new trends and business-related issues impacting leaders in healthcare.
Trust the experts
Dr. Liette Lapointe is an Associate Professor at McGill’s Desautels Faculty of Management with a Doctorate in Administration and a Master in Healthcare Management. She currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre (C...
Geneviève Lukenda-Lund is an authority in Business Transformation, Performance Improvement, and Strategic Vision for the healthcare sector. As a faculty member of the McGill Executive Institute, she trains and consults with mid-size to large healthcare clients on topics such as creating value, pr...