Leadership in A Digital Era
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Edinburgh Business School.Full disclaimer.
Your organisation does not need a digital strategy. It needs a strategy fit-for-purpose in a digital age. Your organisation does not need digital leaders. It needs leaders of change for a constantly connected world. Is your organisation ready for the coming tsunami of digital disruption? Are you ready?
Using a live Interactive Audience Polling tool to stimulate two-way dialogue, this very popular 2-day Masterclass disseminates best practice strategic and practical advice for leading digital supported change in your organisation. Participants will be provided with the knowledge and practical skills to develop, implement and proactively manage successful transformation strategies in an era of turbulent change and digital disruption. Transformation strategies fully aligned with and supportive of agreed business goals and objectives.
A ‘business first’ rather than ‘technology led’ approach will be adopted at all times ensuring that the digital actions and initiatives you implement are fully aligned with and supportive of core business goals and objectives. You will find more information about this dynamic Masterclass below.
Content is structured around the why, what, how and who of successful transformation, focusing on five key themes.
- The Digital Landscape: the disruptive technologies and associated societal changes reshaping your industry; opportunities and threats for your organisation.
- Digital Gap Analysis ('External'): a self-evaluation of the 'strategic gap' that exists between your organisation's current use of digital externally, to enhance the customer experience at Key Moments of Truth in the customer journey, for sales, marketing and PR, and where you should be. The key actions and initiatives required to close the gap.
- Digital Gap Analysis ('Internal'): your organisation's current use of digital internally to improve operating efficiency, reduce costs, building an agile, fast moving, responsive organisation 'fit-for-purpose' in an era of turbulent change. The key actions and initiatives required to close the gap between where you are and where you should be.
- Transformation Vision, Strategy and Implementation: the key questions to address in developing a digital supported transformation vision and strategy for your organisation; agreeing business goals, objectives, KPIs and targets; new business models enabled by digital technology; the importance of adopting a customer/business first, rather than technology led, approach; developing an Action Plan for 'getting there'. The key success factors in implementing digital enabled transformation programmes; people, technology, organisation, culture, project management; overcoming resistance to change; performance measurement for digital transformation.
- Digital Era Leadership: the skills, competencies and personal traits of next-gen leaders. How to develop leaders of the future.
On the afternoon of Day 1, a ‘Digital Leaders Forum’ will be held with three to four external industry experts discussing their real time experiences of implementing successful digital transformation strategies. There will be an open panel session for questions and further discussion, followed by an early evening dinner.
Who should attend
- CEOs and Senior Executives
- Business Owners
- Middle Managers
- Junior Managers and recent graduates wishing to develop careers as Future Digital Leaders.
- Those already working in digital requiring to update their skills and knowledge.