Leadership for Senior Executive Women
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UQ Business School.Full disclaimer.
Today’s business environment continues to reflect an accelerating rate of change. Yet women still trail the numbers of male colleagues in senior positions. Several inhibitors and constructs influence the participation and progression of women in leadership roles. Many are systemic barriers inherent in organisational structures and culture; others are more personal and individually grounded in experiences, preferences and opportunities. Women must recognise the unique strengths, challenges and opportunities they face within their career journeys. It is vital that they are supported to consider leadership in multiple ways – with courage and openness to diverse perspectives.
Leadership for Senior Executive Women will provide input and opportunity for you to recognise aspects of the political and social environments in which you work and ways these can affect your career progression. You will have access to new ideas and approaches to leadership that combine challenging content and emotional engagement, designed to facilitate insights into how women can lead in ways that are satisfying both personally and professionally. As a result, you will be supported and encouraged to drive relevant changes in yourself, your team and workplace.
As many past course participants attest, one of the most valued aspects of the course is the opportunity to connect with women in senior executive and management roles from a broad range of industries. These relationships allow you to share experiences, engage in peer coaching of one another and extend and leverage your professional network throughout the program and beyond.
Building your capability through
- identifying the processes and challenges facing women executives in the 21st century
- developing your personal leadership capabilities and assessing your unique workplace situation
- engaging in current debates and strategies about and for women business leaders
- formulating practical ideas, models and tools of leadership, to examine your development as a female leader
- connecting with leading academics and industry leaders who will inspire you to think about leadership issues relevant to women executives
- building relationships with successful, like-minded, influential businesswomen to share insights, compare experiences and build partnerships and lasting relationships.
Who should attend
Eligible participants must be senior female executives with at least ten years of management experience in the public, private, or voluntary sectors.