Leadership for Executive Women
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UQ Business School.Full disclaimer.
Business today is in a state of change, and leaders are constantly facing new challenges. Leaders need to be able to think quickly and in innovative ways, take diverse perspectives, and lead with courage. In many industries, women in leadership roles face the additional challenge of having to work through the proverbial glass ceiling. Executive women continue to be substantially underrepresented in leadership positions, and do not always achieve parity with their male colleagues.
Leadership for Executive Women is a four-day course designed to help women in middle and upper management roles drive change in themselves, their teams, and their workplaces. The course will give you the skills you need to grow and lead in a way that is both personally and professionally rewarding.
With an emphasis on exploring personal values, building a vision, and developing leadership styles, this course will allow you to access new ideas and inspirational ways of thinking about leadership issues. You will also gain insights into women's leadership, influencing models, and the power of a supportive peer network. The course is fully contextualised to address the issues facing women in executive leadership positions.
Participants come from a range of sectors. This allows you to build critical relationships and networks outside of your sector, which is vital to your professional growth and development.
What you will learn
- How to identify the processes and challenges facing women executives
- Developing your own leadership capabilities and assess the unique situation in your workplace
- Engaging in current debates and strategies for women leaders in business
- Formulating practical ideas, models and tools of leadership, which will help you examine your development as a female leader.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Connect with leading academics and industry leaders who will provide inspirational ways of thinking about leadership issues relevant to female managers
- Meet and mix with successful, influential businesswomen, share insights, compare experiences, and build partnerships and lasting networks
Who should attend
Eligible participants must be female executives with five to ten years of management experience in the public, private or voluntary sectors. Women in senior executive roles are better suited to our Leadership for Senior Executive Women program.