Who should attend
CIOs, CTOs, CKOs, executives reporting to the CIO/CTO, and highperforming IT professionals with a minimum 10 years of experience are best-suited for this programme.
About the course
Fuelled by technology, digital disruption, transformation and innovation are today’s business realities. Digitisation infiltrates and interacts with every aspect of enterprise strategy, value creation and operations. Yet, firms must also nurture a digital innovation mindset across their executive ranks. In these digital environments, the role of a CIO is expanding to encompass a multiplicity of roles and responsibilities including catalysing strategy, galvanising digital innovation mindsets, guiding enterprise digitisation and transformation processes, and establishing the structures and processes for digital innovation and operations.
Today’s CIOs must possess the skills that help them transcend innovation, productivity, efficiency and digital transformation. This programme will help you gain ambidextrous mindsets to align IT and business strategy. The programme has been designed to help you expand your thinking and equip you with the tools that aid business transformation for a radical new world.
Attending this programme will equip you with powerful tools like business model analysis, new business models, balanced scorecard, and governance analysis. Above all, you will position yourself to become an organisational leader and executive partner in shaping your firm’s digital business strategy and prioritising new digital innovation projects.
How does this Live Virtual programme help?
Our Executive education is redesigned for a radically different world. This programme blends the rigour of the rich and advanced curriculum by our global faculty with the ease and flexibility of digital learning. Leveraging digital platforms, we will provide real-time learning so you can immediately apply many advanced skills, relevant for the uncertain times we live in.
LIVE Virtual Classrooms
Experience a new way of immersive learning through group discussions, case reviews, peer networking and engaging dialogues.
Gain an official certificate awarded by the Centre for Executive Education at ISB, recognised by executives and employers for its world-class education.
Learn at India’s most research-productive B-School. Gain from the advanced, up-to-date research being conducted by world-class faculty at ISB.
Expand your network with ISB’s 40,000+ high-performing alumni community. Join this group of senior executives and entrepreneurs spread across the entire world.
Learn how to deliver added value to all partners and stakeholders while you juggle the new work-life balance from the safety of your home.
Learn real-world skills that you can immediately apply to push the innovation agenda at your organisation, giving it a distinct advantage over competitors
- Spur business model innovation and execution
- Create a scorecard of digital business metrics
- Create and advance the digital innovation portfolio
- Influence peers to achieve business outcomes
- Drive strategic decisions across the business
- The Digital Transformation of Businesses
- Fundamentals of Competitive Strategy
- Synchronising Business and It Strategy: Business Model Execution
- Digital Business Model Innovation
- Digital Business Model Transformations
- Integrated Governance Strategy
- Integrated Metrics Portfolio
- Integrated Metrics Portfolio
- The CIO’s Leadership Journey
- Participant and faculty introductions
- Setting individual expectations and learning outcomes
- Overview of the modules being covered in the programme
- What is a digital economy?
- How are digital technologies impacting competitive strategy?
- What are the emerging roles of the CIO in the digital economy?
- What is business strategy?
- What is the ‘positioning’ approach to strategy?
- What is the ‘capabilities’ approach to strategy?
- How should digital technologies be utilised as competitive resources and capabilities?
- What is a business model?
- What are the strategic roles of IT?
- How can you identify opportunities for enhancing business model execution through IT?
- How can digital technologies be leveraged for business model innovation?
- What is the changing nature of industry structure?
- What are the new rules of digital transformation and competitive strategy?
- What are the sources of competitive advantage in platform models?
- How should business models be redesigned to address digital disruptions?
- How should CIOs design their business and IT governance strategy?
- What governance structures and processes should be considered in the design of governance models?
- How should CIOs facilitate partnerships with their business peers and CEOs?
- How should CIOs structure their metrics portfolios and communication strategies with business executives and CEOs?
Vallabh Sambamurthy (Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 1989) is the Eli Broad Professor and Associate Dean of Outreach and Engagement. He was the Chair of the Department of Accounting and Information Systems between 2012-17. He has previously served at the business schools at The University of Mar...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.