Alberta School of Business
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Mid-level to senior managers
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Experienced leaders and supervisors who are interested in updating their leadership skills and practices appropriate to the demands of today’s workplace
About the course
This 3-day course is part of the 12-day Management Essentials Program. While the course is designed to be independent in nature, please consider whether maximum value can be obtained by taking it as part of a broader program.
This 3-day Certificate in Leadership Essentials covers the landscape of:
- Leading Self
- Leading Others
- Leading through Conflict with Emotional Intelligence
- Refine your leadership approach to accommodate today’s ever-changing requirements
- Learn about your leadership style, career successes and challenges through the lens of the Harrison suite of tools, gaining clarity on: your Greatest Strengths, your Unique Traits, and your Engagement and Motivational drivers;
- Maximize 12 essential Leadership Paradoxes, (i.e., leveraging Frankness AND Diplomacy) understanding which of these paradoxes are your strengths and where paradox imbalances cause you stress;
- Practically apply Polarity Thinking to develop a Leadership Polarity action plan to execute after the program;
- Hone your coaching skills for varying team contexts – coaching for skills, performance and development;
- Know when and how to situationally flex your leadership and coaching style to engage, empower and develop others;
- Identify your Emotional Intelligence (EQ) strengths and growth areas in four key domains:
- (1) Knowing Oneself, (2) Relationship Leadership, (3) Self-Motivation and Self-Management,
- (4) Social Awareness and Service Orientation;
- Integrate EQ learnings into a practical toolkit to manage conflict, triggers and working with challenging situations;
- Build an actionable leadership plan for post-program success.
Laurie is a former faculty member of The Banff Centre, Leadership Division, where she lead the design and delivery of customized leadership development and performance management programs for over thirteen years. In 2001, she was awarded the Faculty of the Year Award from The Banff Centre. Laurie...