Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This curriculum is for HR professionals who need to develop or modify their existing leadership development programs. If lack of qualified leadership is an issue, this course will help you to address it head-on. Some of the roles that will benefit from completing the course include:
- HR Practitioner, Manager, and Leader
- HR Business Partner
- Director of Learning
- Learning and Development Manager
- Leadership Development Manager
- Anyone who supports the identification, preparation, and deployment of talent for critical roles
About the course
As an HR professional, you know how important effective leadership is for an organization to be successful. To ensure that you have the right leaders in the right places at the right time with the right skill, there needs to be intentional leadership development.
In this course, you will learn how to build a program that creates leaders faster than traditional training and development programs. You’ll come away with specific steps to take and tools to help you implement them.
If your organization does not have a formal leadership development program, you struggle with finding successors to critical roles, or the leadership pipeline is very short, you’ll find practical solutions to those issues and more in this class. Best of all, you’ll be able to accelerate leadership development—and that will be good news for your clients!
- Solve Leadership Pipeline Issues – Become the go-to, organized resource on succession management and talent availability in your organization.
- Implement Retention Strategies – Adopt strategies to improve the mobility and retention of high performing employees.
- Improve Employee Engagement – Increase employee engagement through active participation in a meaningful, transparent career development process.
- Facilitate Development – Expand your organization’s ideas of leadership development so that a diverse mix of activities are considered—not just formal programs.
- Reduce Vacancies – Reduce vacancies that present business risk and un-targeted, wasteful leadership development efforts.
- The state of leadership
- Trends in leadership development
- HCI’s Strategic Leadership Readiness Approach
- Aligning business strategies with leadership capability
- Scanning the environment
- Analyzing your business strategy
- Identifying skill, competency, and capability requirements for leaders
- Sample leadership models and frameworks
- Using data to identify critical roles and assess leadership risk
- Identifying and evaluating talent for critical and leadership roles
- Recommending strategies that reduce bias and ensure objective, data-driven talent decisions
- Determining where you can develop talent to build deep leadership pipelines
- Recommending diverse approaches to rapidly grow and develop your talent
- Ensuring that development experiences align with competency models and career pathways
- Equipping managers to support growth, mobility, and development
- Guiding leaders and managers to have more effective feedback and development conversations
- Developing and implementing a communication plan that makes succession activities visible and transparent
- Creating a culture that supports leadership development and succession management
- Using existing systems and data infrastructure to support your program
- Defining success measures and collecting outcome data for leadership readiness activities
- Planning next steps
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.