Leadership Development Program
Bolster your ability to lead across different teams, managers and roles with our Leadership Development Program.
If you are a mid-to-senior-level manager—a leader of managers—you lead in what the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)® calls ‘the middle zone’. This program gives you the skills needed to effectively bridge, manage and motivate employees from various departments – turning strategy into action. It will also help you identify opportunities for improvement as you build the confidence and resilience required to lead in this ‘middle zone’.
This program was designed by the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)®, a global, top-10, executive education provider, ranked by the Financial Times (2002–2016). Melbourne Business School holds the only Australian partnership with CCL to deliver CCL leadership programs.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Develop the leadership fundamentals of communication, self-awareness, influence and learning agility
- Bridge levels and functions
- Build resilience in yourself and others
- Think and act systemically
- Convert strategy into action
- Leverage your leadership experience
Your program journey is designed to ensure you emerge with new skills and behaviours, aligned with your learning goals.
- Comprehensive pre-program assessments (including self-assessment)
- Conversation with the boss: following written guidelines, you undertake a conversation with your boss to focus on your development as a leader within the organisation.
The following themes are explored:
- Leading from the middle-zone
- Leading within a system
- Integrating multiple perspectives.
- Two 45-minute telephone coaching sessions with an LDP® coach
- A framework to support a conversation with your boss
- Customised assessment 3 months post-program to measure skills and behaviour progress
- Ongoing eLearning and networking through the interactive online platform myCCL.
Who should attend
- Experienced mid-to-senior level managers who work in the middle zone of their organisation, often with multiple peers and across functions
- Executives responsible for leading several management-level direct reports and/or senior professional staff