Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Melbourne Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Bolster your ability to lead across different teams, managers and roles with our Leadership Development Program.
If you are a mid-to-senior-level manager—a leader of managers—you lead in what the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)® calls ‘the middle zone’. This program gives you the skills needed to effectively bridge, manage and motivate employees from various departments – turning strategy into action. It will also help you identify opportunities for improvement as you build the confidence and resilience required to lead in this ‘middle zone’.
This program was designed by the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)®, a global, top-10, executive education provider, ranked by the Financial Times (2002–2016). Melbourne Business School holds the only Australian partnership with CCL to deliver CCL leadership programs.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Develop the leadership fundamentals of communication, self-awareness, influence and learning agility
- Bridge levels and functions
- Build resilience in yourself and others
- Think and act systemically
- Convert strategy into action
- Leverage your leadership experience
Your program journey is designed to ensure you emerge with new skills and behaviours, aligned with your learning goals.
- Comprehensive pre-program assessments (including self-assessment)
- Conversation with the boss: following written guidelines, you undertake a conversation with your boss to focus on your development as a leader within the organisation.
The following themes are explored:
- Leading from the middle-zone
- Leading within a system
- Integrating multiple perspectives.
- Two 45-minute telephone coaching sessions with an LDP® coach
- A framework to support a conversation with your boss
- Customised assessment 3 months post-program to measure skills and behaviour progress
- Ongoing eLearning and networking through the interactive online platform myCCL.
Who should attend
- Experienced mid-to-senior level managers who work in the middle zone of their organisation, often with multiple peers and across functions
- Executives responsible for leading several management-level direct reports and/or senior professional staff
Trust the experts
Edmund is an experienced leadership professional with a strong personal and interpersonal development focus. He has a passion for ensuring sustained, pragmatic and realistic learning for both individuals and organisations. Edmund is a challenging, yet empathetic, feedback consultant. Edmund is a ...
Karen is a board director, leadership facilitator and executive coach and is passionate about helping businesses and individuals optimise their potential. She is an External Board Advisor for The Spotlight Group and a Non-Executive Director for Hallenstein Glasson Holdings. Karen brings a deep ...
Ilona is a consulting psychologist, facilitator and executive coach with extensive organisational experience in both the public and private sectors providing consultancy, workshop design and facilitation, coaching and counselling services. Expertise/Specialisation Leadership, People and Culture ...
Formerly a senior psychologist for the Australian Defence Force, Jackie has extensive experience helping people improve their ability to cope with conflict and change, enhance resilience and increase self-awareness.
"The biggest hurdle for most leaders is moving from Doing to Leading." Leaderise, my unique Leadership method, is the simplest, most practical way to make this change. Those that do make the transition tell me there stress levels, reduce, they have better balance, better opportunity for growth a...