Leadership Development Program
Strong leadership skills transcend time, industries and organizations through their unwavering contribution to success.
Leadership is multifaceted. As such, a holistic approach to developing leaders who are self-aware, confident team players, and organizational influencers is at the core of the University of Dayton’s Leadership Development Program.
With a focus on practical management, people and communication skills, the self-reflective nature of this eight-week program encourages the development of a leadership style that is effective across changing organizational landscapes and contexts.
Learn to take the lead with the University of Dayton Center for Leadership.
What will set you apart
Earn a certificate from the University of Dayton in this online program and be empowered to:
- Articulate the skills necessary to address the challenges of a supervisory role
- Recommend appropriate communication strategies to address workplace opportunities and challenges
- Drive employee engagement through your unique leadership approach
- Develop an action plan to lead your team through times of change
- Create a personal development plan to address a leadership challenge in your organization or community
This online program integrates rich, interactive media such as videos, infographics and e-learning activities, as well as traditional didactic components such as written study guides (course notes). There are also opportunities for collaborative learning through discussion forums. You will be guided by industry professionals and esteemed University of Dayton faculty as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online program:
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 Building your leadership identity
- Module 2 Supervisory leadership
- Module 3 Team development
- Module 4 Key skills for effective managers
- Module 5 Communicating with others
- Module 6 Managing people and performance
- Module 7 Leading your team forward
- Module 8 Take the lead