Leadership Development Program
The longest-running program of its kind in the world, the Leadership Development Program (LDP)® is designed for leaders of managers…managers in the middle. It is built around 6 factors vital to the success of managers: influence, communication, thinking and acting systematically, self-awareness, resiliency, and learning agility.
What Do Participants Learn?
As a result of attending this program, participants will acquire the ability to:
- Bridge the gap between senior management & the front line.
- Lead across organizational or geographical boundaries.
- Learn the art of collaboration.
- Solve complicated problems & take wise action in complex, rapidly changing conditions.
- Manage stress, build resiliency & leverage multiple life roles.
- Build a network of supportive leaders to continue development.
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
The Center understands that challenges such as these are faced by today’s mid-to-senior level leaders:
- Getting the top & the bottom of the hierarchy to work together.
- Collaborating across the organization – across the globe.
- Maintaining resiliency while handling uncertainty, solving problems & dealing with interconnected systems.
- Tackling big priorities on all fronts.
As leaders balance demanding jobs and roles outside of work, a clear understanding of one’s own leadership style and clarity around development goals is imperative for success.
Why Choose CCL’s Leadership Development Program?
- Intense, personalized feedback using a variety of validated assessment tools as well as post-program assessment & coaching to ensure continued development.
- Positive changes in behavior related to negotiation, influence, communication & greater self-awareness.
- Research-based content continually evolving to focus on the issues that matter most in today’s global frontier.
- Offered globally over 100 times a year.
- Chosen by 50,000+ leaders over the course of 4 decades.
What Will the Program Include?
The program has a 3-phased approach:
PHASE 1: PREPARE
A comprehensive assessment of leadership skills is at the heart of the LDP experience. Pre-program assessments:
- Give a detailed picture of leadership skills, behaviors, & preferences, plus a deep look at top-priority competencies.
- Identify & clarify development needs.
- Establish a foundation for significant personal & professional growth.
PHASE 2: ENGAGE
Led by highly qualified faculty, LDP is a safe — but challenging — environment for learning, practice, reflection and goal setting. Participants are immersed in their personal data, experiential activities and skill-building exercises including:
- A mock business environment, for practice & deeper learning.
- A half-day, personal session with a certified CCL coach to clarify thinking & plan next steps.
- Peer learning groups to provide feedback, insight, suggestions and support.
PHASE 3: APPLY:
When the LDP classroom experience ends, participants can apply and sustain their learning by using the following ongoing support:
- Two 45-minute phone coaching sessions with a certified CCL coach.
- An assessment to measure skills & behavior progress, completed 3 months after the program.
- Access to eLearning (books, tools, checklists,etc.) designed to reinforce lessons from the program.
- Optional, fee-based learning & support, such as extended coaching engagements, additional eLearning packages & custom initiatives to connect individual development to organizational needs.
Who should attend
Mid-to-senior level leaders who lead other managers; operational, group or department managers; or leaders who work up, down and across the organization.