Leadership Development Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Center for Creative Leadership.Full disclaimer.
The longest-running program of its kind in the world, the Leadership Development Program (LDP)® is designed for leaders of managers…managers in the middle. It is built around 6 factors vital to the success of managers: influence, communication, thinking and acting systematically, self-awareness, resiliency, and learning agility.
What Do Participants Learn?
As a result of attending this program, participants will acquire the ability to:
- Bridge the gap between senior management & the front line.
- Lead across organizational or geographical boundaries.
- Learn the art of collaboration.
- Solve complicated problems & take wise action in complex, rapidly changing conditions.
- Manage stress, build resiliency & leverage multiple life roles.
- Build a network of supportive leaders to continue development.
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
The Center understands that challenges such as these are faced by today’s mid-to-senior level leaders:
- Getting the top & the bottom of the hierarchy to work together.
- Collaborating across the organization – across the globe.
- Maintaining resiliency while handling uncertainty, solving problems & dealing with interconnected systems.
- Tackling big priorities on all fronts.
As leaders balance demanding jobs and roles outside of work, a clear understanding of one’s own leadership style and clarity around development goals is imperative for success.
Why Choose CCL’s Leadership Development Program?
- Intense, personalized feedback using a variety of validated assessment tools as well as post-program assessment & coaching to ensure continued development.
- Positive changes in behavior related to negotiation, influence, communication & greater self-awareness.
- Research-based content continually evolving to focus on the issues that matter most in today’s global frontier.
- Offered globally over 100 times a year.
- Chosen by 50,000+ leaders over the course of 4 decades.
What Will the Program Include?
The program has a 3-phased approach:
PHASE 1: PREPARE
A comprehensive assessment of leadership skills is at the heart of the LDP experience. Pre-program assessments:
- Give a detailed picture of leadership skills, behaviors, & preferences, plus a deep look at top-priority competencies.
- Identify & clarify development needs.
- Establish a foundation for significant personal & professional growth.
PHASE 2: ENGAGE
Led by highly qualified faculty, LDP is a safe — but challenging — environment for learning, practice, reflection and goal setting. Participants are immersed in their personal data, experiential activities and skill-building exercises including:
- A mock business environment, for practice & deeper learning.
- A half-day, personal session with a certified CCL coach to clarify thinking & plan next steps.
- Peer learning groups to provide feedback, insight, suggestions and support.
PHASE 3: APPLY:
When the LDP classroom experience ends, participants can apply and sustain their learning by using the following ongoing support:
- Two 45-minute phone coaching sessions with a certified CCL coach.
- An assessment to measure skills & behavior progress, completed 3 months after the program.
- Access to eLearning (books, tools, checklists,etc.) designed to reinforce lessons from the program.
- Optional, fee-based learning & support, such as extended coaching engagements, additional eLearning packages & custom initiatives to connect individual development to organizational needs.
Who should attend
Mid-to-senior level leaders who lead other managers; operational, group or department managers; or leaders who work up, down and across the organization.