Leadership Communication: Present Yourself With Lasting Impact
Identify and understand the theory and practice of effective leadership communication and learn how to present yourself with lasting impact.
Leaders are communicating all the time but often don’t have time to think about their effectiveness or impact. The ability to articulate the corporate vision and strategy in a compelling and engaging way is critical to individual and business success. It’s not just what is said, but how it is articulated and presented. Impactful leadership communication not only needs to have an engaging and inspiring message but needs to be delivered with energy and intent.
Focus and structure
Leaders are communicating all the time, even when they are not talking. They are observed and assessed at all times by all their stakeholders. Building self-awareness about the impact they have on the people around them is a critical first step before understanding how to flex their delivery and style to different audiences and settings. A combination of facilitated discussion and interactive exercises will enable participants to have the opportunity to identify and understand the theory of effective leadership communication and to put the elements of effective presentation into practice. The first part of the day explores the importance of physical delivery in being a successful communicator. The second part of the day enables participants to pull together all they have learned from a content and delivery perspective. Participants will deliver a presentation in response to a case study scenario which has been developed in teams.
- Get specific, practical feedback and coaching tips on your individual communication style and presentation performance
- Develop self-awareness about your individual communication style and impact
- Explore the ingredients of compelling content and equip yourself with the skills to be an engaging and accessible communicator
- Identify the varying communication demands of different stakeholders and contexts from a delivery and content perspective
- Review your presentation style and practice how to make your content compelling and engaging
Who should attend
The programme is designed for executives who want to improve their communication style and presentation skills. It is particularly appropriate for first-time or aspiring managers or leaders who are looking to leverage said skills to present themselves with lasting impact.