Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Harvard DCE.Full disclaimer.
As your responsibilities grow, your communication skills can help you succeed—or hold you back. In any business role or function, you must be able to convey your ideas in ways that drive effective decision-making, teamwork, and action.
In this two-day program, you’ll delve into the communication tools and techniques used by the world’s most successful managers. Exploring several communication types, this program will help you become more persuasive in written and oral communications in a range of settings. From one-on-ones to large groups, and from informal to formal formats, you will return to your role/organization a more confident communicator with a solid understanding of why and how to shift between communication types.
Through experiential exercises and small group activities, you will put these techniques into practice, test out new approaches, and learn to communicate with poise, clarity, and conviction. You’ll leave the program with the skills needed to engage, inform, and inspire others—and improve your ability to communicate like a leader.
- Learn the principles of communication that drive all business interactions
- Structure messages that inspire your audience to take action
- Grow confidence in your presentation abilities
- Convey your insights and recommendations more effectively
- Cultivate your personal leadership and communication style
- Practice speaking with an in-class presentation
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Understanding and connecting with your audience and preparing for their responses.
- Learning nonverbal communication techniques involving presence, body language, and delivery
- Structuring communications to adapt to different business situations and audiences
- Generating ideas for organizing, preparing, and delivering effective presentations
- Practicing delivery of high-impact messages that are memorable and motivating
Who should attend
This program is appropriate for business professionals at all levels of experience who would like to be more effective in both written and oral communications. Participants must be fluent in English to participate fully in fast-moving discussions, exercises, and group projects. This program is a variation of our previously offered Delivering Effective Presentations, Introduction to Public Speaking: Effective Presentation Skills, and Advanced Executive Communication Skills programs. If you have taken any of these, please consider one of these offerings.