Who should attend
- Managers, executives, professionals or business owners who want to develop coaching skills as a leadership style to drive individual and team performance
- Leaders who want to perfect their coaching skills to be more effective
- Members of teams looking to improve communication skills driving collaboration and increased internal feedback to reduce friction, enhance productivity and ultimately improve performance
- Organisations wishing to develop an internal capability to coach their employees to maximise organisational performance
About the course
How can a leader motivate and retain top talent? What leadership styles are most effective to drive performance? Why does the traditional directive leadership style seem to be sub-optimal in today’s business environment?
A coaching leadership style addresses these questions and leads to increased employee engagement, greater levels of innovation and retention of top talent. In addition it makes employees take ownership for their actions, develops problem solving skills (making them more self-reliant) and drives them to explore untapped potential.
Presented in partnership with Progress-U, a leading executive coaching company, SMU Executive Development (SMU-ExD) offers this workshop which is highly practical and interactive with a focus on how to practice leadership coaching in an Asian environment. All cases and role plays are based on real coaching situations that happened in Asia.
Participants in this Leadership Coaching course will consist of those signing up for the Leadership Coaching and the International Corporate Coaching (“ICC”) Certification Programme Module 1a. For Leadership Coaching participants who decide to continue their coaching journey and want to become a certified coach, it is possible to continue in the ICC Certification Programme.
Attending this programme enables you to:
- Gain deeper insights into your leadership style and related behavioral tendencies
- Develop an optimal coaching mindset as well as critical coaching skills
- Understand in which situations coaching tends to be the most effective leadership style
- Learn practical coaching processes and tools to make leadership coaching more effective and efficient
- Grow your own network of aspiring business leaders and join the SMU Executive Development Alumni.
- A set of coaching tools to complement your leadership coaching approach
- The ability to start using coaching skills to better manage performance of your direct reports or team
- A deeper understanding of managing your direct reports’ or team’s daily challenges
- A better understanding of how to support your organisation’s talent in their professional and career development
- Personal insights into your current behavioural tendencies and how they support or hinder your leadership coaching approach
- The programme includes the latest thinking and approaches from within the global coaching profession, but with case studies and role plays based on real coaching situations in Asia.
- The facilitators are current, active executive coaches that will share their many years of coaching experience working with senior leaders throughout the programme
- The integration of the Leadership Coaching programme within the International Corporate Coaching (“ICC”) Certification Programme allows interested participants to continue to become an internationally certified coach
Flocy joined the Singapore Management University in 2012 with the Human Capital Leadership Institute as the country lead for India, servicing the Indian MNCs. Subsequently, she became a Secretariat member of the Asian Human Capital Awards set up by the Ministry of Manpower to honor innovative hum...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.