Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Tepper School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Understand what it takes to be an inspired and effective leader to successfully lead teams in a dynamic world.
Today’s business climate is marked by shifting global trends, increased pressure from new and different competitors, and the need to respond and adapt to change. More than ever, organizations need inspired and effective leaders in order to produce a sustainable competitive advantage.
With its comprehensive, integrated design, the program strengthens the abilities and confidence of managers and executives to successfully lead their teams in a dynamic world. A unique strength of the program is the integrated approach tying the learning from different fields to actual personal leadership challenges. Focusing on experiential application, participants are provided with the knowledge and tools to effectively address the challenges they face every day, enabling them to develop a greater understanding about their own leadership style and create holistic strategies to be successful in different situations.
The program focuses on four essential leadership competencies:
- Creating star performers: how to maximize the roles of leadership and followership to identify and develop star performers on their teams.
- Change management: understanding the assumptions, models, and implications associated with change, in order to become more adept at developing effective change management practices for complex organizational environments.
- Informational organizational networks: building awareness of the power and dynamics at play in informal networks and developing the skills to exert influence beyond the traditional hierarchy.
- Conflict management: how to achieve positive results in difficult situations by managing conflicts, negotiating disputes, and dealing with perceptual gaps as the root causes of recurring conflicts in diverse teams.
A unique strength of the program is the integrated approach of tying the learning from different fields to actual personal leadership challenges. Focusing on experiential application, participants are provided with the knowledge and tools to effectively address the challenges they face every day, enabling them to develop a greater understanding about their own leadership style and create holistic strategies to be successful in different situations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for executives and mid- to upper-level managers. Recommended participants include those who:
- Supervise departments or diverse teams
- Lead complex projects or organizational change
- Manage relationships between different functions and stakeholders
- Are accountable for delivering results in global business
- Hold or aspire to a key role in their operation
- Develop talent within their organization
Trust the experts
Robert E. Kelley is the author of the national best-selling and classic business books, including: How to Be a Star at Work: Nine Breakthrough Strategies You Need to Succeed. The Power of Followership The Gold-Collar Worker Consulting Dr. Kelley is an intellectual entrepreneur in the marketplace...
David Krackhardt pioneered the concept of “cognitive social structures,” wherein individuals provide their perceptions of the entire network in which they are embedded. Empirically, he has related these perceived structures to turnover, reputations, and power in organizations. Prior to his curren...
He also teaches ''Culture and Change'' in various Executive Education Programs at both the Heinz College and the Tepper School of Business. David has over 25 years of operations and engineering management experience, working in a range of industries including automotive, computer test equipment,...
PHONE 412-268-6677 OFFICE POS - Posner Hall - Room 255A AREA OF EXPERTISE Organizational Behavior and Theory EDUCATION University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Ph D (Social Psychology) - 2008 University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - MA (Social Psychology) - 2005 Pennsylvani...
President, Carnegie Bosch Institute and Adjunct Professor of Management,Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University; Executive Coach Sylvia Vogt serves as adjunct faculty at Carnegie Mellon University, teaching in numerous leadership programs. Her focus is on leadership development, ...