Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
King’s College London is renowned for working closely with leading practitioners across a range of professions and is delighted to offer this short course in Leadership & People Management.
This intensive programme blends expert academic and practitioner input, including an in-depth experiential workshop directed by the Tavistock Institute, the country’s leading institution in developing and supporting organisational leadership in an applied and practical way. Course participants learn, apply, participate and reflect on the principles and lived experience of leadership, both in the sessions themselves and then through an individual work-related project, supported by a coach. A final autumn session combines a certificate ceremony with an opportunity to present, network and re-cap.
The programme is designed for mid-career professionals who are taking on new responsibilities or a larger workforce.
- Develop personal leadership skills
- Apply cutting-edge theory to own workplace
- Focus on the professions
- Understand dynamics of leadership and team-working
- Learn alongside managers and leaders from other sectors
- Obtain credits towards the Executive Management MSc at King's Business School
Course sessions cover
Theory and Evidence
- Contemporary perspectives on leadership.
- Understanding organisations as political entities and how leadership operates in that context.
- The role of emotions in leadership (e.g. developing and utilising emotional intelligence).
Experiences of Leadership
An in-depth simulation of an organisational system in which participants
- Experiment in organisational life, stepping back, observing and noticing.
- Work and lead across organisational boundaries.
- Research and reflect upon the impact of their leadership on others.
Alison Wolf is the Sir Roy Griffiths Professor of Public Sector Management, and she sits as a cross-bench peer in the House of Lords. She specialises in the relationship between education and the labour market. She has a particular interest in training and skills policy, universities, and the med...
Ali Budjanovcanin joined the HRM research group in 2011 after receiving her PhD from King’s College and now also works within the Organisation and Society research group. Prior to joining King’s Business School, Ali worked as a Senior Research Associate in the NIHR funded King’s Patient Safety an...
Anne is an organisational, team and leadership development consultant, executive coach and clinician with 30 years’ experience of working primarily in and with the health and social care sector. Alongside her consultancy and development work she has a small private practice as a Cognitive Analyti...
My work at The Tavistock Institute involves cross-disciplinary working between the visual arts and social science. As the Director of our newest area of practice, Art and Organisation, my work at The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations (TIHR) means moving amongst the visual, performing, embod...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.