Who should attend
This course is ideal for supervisors and new or aspiring middle managers.
About the course
Meet increased demands for productivity and output with fresh ideas and smart leadership and management solutions.
- Get clear on your leadership approach.
- Develop your team to peak performance.
- Conduct your hardest leadership conversations with confidence.
- Think through your strategy to create clarity for you and those you lead.
SIGN IN VIEW COURSE CART LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS homepaceOnline Short CoursesCurrent:Leadership and Management Essentials Meet increased demands for productivity and output with fresh ideas and smart leadership and management solutions.
Get clear on your leadership approach. Develop your team to peak performance. Conduct your hardest leadership conversations with confidence. Think through your strategy to create clarity for you and those you lead. Expand What is covered in the course? Be inspired and apply your new knowledge to your current leadership practice through four highly intensive sessions:
Leadership and Self Management
- identify your personal leadership strengths and areas for improvement
- recognise the behaviour patterns that limit your effectiveness as a leader and formulate strategies to address these.
Developing a High Performing Team
- appreciate your personal communication style and how it affects your ability to lead and motivate others
- understand the stages of team development and the leadership skills required of you at each stage.
Having Effective Leadership Conversations
- identify how difficult conversations arise and how they can be used to build better relationships and create a collaborative culture
- use practical techniques for having ‘difficult’ conversations to manage performance, resolve conflict and negotiate improved outcomes.
Strategy and Decision-Making
- apply strategic thinking techniques in your workplace
- communicate strategies and change transparently.
How will I benefit?
This intensive and highly practical two-day program will inspire you and help you deal with the tough and often complex challenges that leadership and management bring.
You will also benefit from a mix of delivery; face-to-face program content will be complemented by online activities and resources before, during and after the program via our Blended Learning Management System, MyUni. Learn at your own pace through a variety of e-learning activities at a time convenient to you, and access to global resources and materials designed to suit a range of learning preferences.
How will my organisation benefit?
Through your attendance at this workshop, your organisation will:
- be exposed to new ideas and a different lens through which to see leadership
- benefit from your improved leadership and management capability and insights
- gain the practical tools and knowledge you will apply and share with colleagues and your team.
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.