Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The world is going through an age of digital transformation. The impact of social media, mobility, Big Data and business analytics, Internet of Things, information security, and cloud computing is being felt as firms strive to meet the expectations of the new-age millennial customers through digital mastery. Digital change management needs new capabilities in leaders who have the vision to develop novel technological architectures, intra- and inter-firm collaboration networks, capabilities for rapid and frugal innovation, and agile governance. This program aims to inspire leaders of firms with the required organizational and technological know-how for creating a novel digital vision for their organization with measurable impact.
The key learning objectives of the program are:
- Learn about the six stages of digital transformation and how companies are coping with them.
- Understand the organizational and technological challenges faced by leaders in driving digital transformation.
- Examine the various global best practices that have been adopted by digital natives and digital innovators for creating optimized and flexible processes and transformed products targeting millennial customers.
- Learn how transformation leaders overcome the challenges of digital transformation through digital mastery and capability development.
- Understand how firms build a culture of innovation, agility and empowerment.
- Develop a road-map for digital transformation for an organization.
- Day 1: Organizational processes, activities, models, and capabilities and their transformation through digital technologies.
- Day 2: Capability building for digital mastery and innovation through leveraging collaboration and partnerships.
- Day 3: Developing flexibility, agility, and customer centricity through digital technologies and assessing its impact on the ecosystem.
- Day 4: Creating game changers through innovative design science and orchestrating change management in organizations.
- Day 5: Building a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship through cultural transformation.
This program will consist of lectures, case studies, and team based exercises. The lectures will include conceptual knowledge delivery about the topic, and focus on key definitions, foundations, and challenges faced in digital transformation. The lectures will be supplemented with videos, and discussion of current events. This will be followed by discussion on current business practice and issues involved in those practice. To understand the concepts learnt during the lectures better, real-life case studies will be discussed as well. Participants will be prompted to share their knowledge and experience about the particular topic, and come up with meaningful and reasonable decisions to solve the dilemmas faced by the organizations depicted in the case studies. The decisions will tie up concepts related to strategy, execution, management, and assessment of digital transformation and help participants understand its benefits.
Who should attend
The program is designed for those engaged at senior management level in organizations and who are interested in creating a blueprint for digital transformation for their company. The course will cover managerial as well as technical content assuming that participants will play the role of leaders driving digital transformation in their firms.
Trust the experts
Dr. Indranil Bose is Full Professor of Management Information Systems at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Presently he is Co-ordinator of the Case Research Center at IIMC. He has acted as Founding Chairperson of Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics, Co-ordinator of the MIS grou...