Who should attend
You will benefit most from this program if you are a(n):
- Project Manager or Team Leader
- Team member who is moving into a team leadership position
- Project Sponsor
- Functional Manager
- Manager with cross-functional responsibility
- Leader of a team that must implement a strategic initiative or critical process improvement
- Candidate for the Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification
About the course
Being a project manager requires a wide variety of technical skills. The effectiveness of those skills is extremely dependent upon your ability to motivate team members, liaise with key business decision-makers, and foster an environment in which change can thrive. This is why “Leadership” and “Communication” are at the top of every list of critical skills for project managers.
This interactive program explores various leadership styles, motivational techniques and other skill sets a leader needs to be successful not only on projects, but within the organization itself. It includes small group exercises, large group discussions, and instructor facilitation.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Use the leadership map to evaluate your strengths and weaknesses as a leader (versus as a manager)
- Determine your personality and communicate effectively with different personality styles
- Establish a cohesive team
- Use the Spheres of Influence model to evaluate the way different people see the project
- Adapt your leadership methods based on the specific situation and people
- Clarify roles and responsibilities
- Delegate tasks effectively, without resistance
- Motivate superior team performance
- Providing constructive, not destructive, feedback
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.