Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Eli Broad College of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Project management requires a wide variety of technical skills. The effectiveness of these skills depends upon the ability to motivate team members, liaise with key decision-makers, and foster an environment where change can thrive. As such, leadership and communication are critical skills for project managers to master.
Leadership and Communication Skills for Project Managers explores the guidance techniques, communication styles, and motivational methods needed for successful project management and organizational leadership. Featuring the latest research from the Broad College of Business at Michigan State University, this interactive two-day program includes small group exercises, large group discussions, and instructor facilitation.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Communicate more effectively with different personality styles
- Evaluate the way different people perceive a project
- Adapt your leadership techniques to specific situations and people
- Provide constructive, not destructive, feedback
- Use your leadership abilities to improve the performance of your team and the success of your project
Who should attend
You will benefit most from this program if you are a(n):
- Established project manager or team leader (5-10 years’ experience)
- Emerging project manager or team leader (3-5 years’ experience)
- Project Sponsor
- Functional Manager
- Member of the Project Management Office