Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is for leaders in any public or private institution that feel stuck and know there are more efficient ways to achieve results with their teams. This could be:
- Government employees doing herculean efforts navigating the bureaucracy of the system;
- Managers at companies interested improving their bottom line while keeping employee morale high;
- Professionals at non-profit wanting to channel their organization’s sense of purpose into new initiatives that generate high impact and revenue.
About the course
“If I had an hour to solve a problem I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
– Albert Einstein
Leaders in the 21st centuries must be highly skilled at formulating and framing questions that organize people and what they do. Yet, often times this question making activity is overlooked by focusing on finding quick answers and solutions. The right kinds of questions can transform people, organizations and countries.
In this interactive workshop students we will explore, how every action is an answer to a question. What is that question and how was it created are in themselves helpful questions to lead us in the exploration in this class. Students will get a chance to understand their question making pattern, identify new ones, and practice formulating powerful questions. We will draw on resources from Hal Gregersen, Marilee Adams, and Warren Berger among others.
By the end of the class, students will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of asking the right questions;
- Identify our question-making framework; and
- Practice new ways of asking powerful questions.
Andres Marquez-Lara is the Founder and President of Promethean Community, LLC, a social enterprise devoted to the facilitation of systemic change in Latin America and the Caribbean. His company designs interactive workshops for community and organizational leaders that strengthen and leverage col...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.