Leader as Coach (online): Coaching as a Leadership Approach, Mindset, and Process
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Columbia Business School.Full disclaimer.
Coaching is part of every business interaction, implicitly or explicitly. Promoting learning and growth in individuals and organizations, it plays a role in increased employee engagement and satisfaction. While leaders are often promoted into leadership positions without having developed the skillsets needed to lead effectively, the Leader as Coach (Online): Coaching as a Leadership Approach, Mindset, and Process program provides the understanding needed to consciously manage the boundaries between mentoring, coaching, feedback, and holding others accountable.
Leader as Coach is designed to equip executives to catalyze learning, contribution, and excellence in themselves and others. Program participants will walk away with a foundational mastery of coaching skills at both the intra- and inter-personal level. They will also be equipped to become growth agents in their organizations and help to influence and transform the systems they lead, both through formal and informal authority.
Through its online format, the Leader as Coach (Online): Coaching as a Leadership Approach, Mindset, and Process learnings are available to a wide range of executives, not constrained by geography or industry, and creates a peer community of coaching-minded leaders who wish to connect to develop themselves and each other.
Participants will emerge inspired to see every moment, every interaction, and every change in their organization as an opportunity to coach.
The program will help you:
- Develop a foundational mastery of coaching skills at both the intrapersonal (coaching yourself) and interpersonal (coaching others) level
- Become a growth agent in your organization and influence the systems you lead, both through formal and informal authority
- Understand how to create a culture in your team where every interaction becomes an opportunity for learning, contribution, and excellence
Leader as Coach (Online): Coaching as a Leadership Approach, Mindset, and Process is a synchronous online learning experience, taught through a series of video recordings along with bi-weekly live webcasts, a group discussion board, peer coaching, and more.
- Integrating aspirations (I, We, It)
- Layers of consciousness (e.g., aspirations, fears, and needs)
- Transformation every moment
- Learning commitments
- Growth practices
- 5Q qualities of a coach
- Coaching for Mastery
- Navigating the Flow of Coaching
Coaching the System
- Growth elevator speech writing and delivery
- Transforming Growth resistance
- Creating a Tipping Point
- Study-groups sharing Growth Intentions
- Coaching journey ahead
Change Management Session
Joel Brockner, Phillip Hettleman Professor of Business of the Management Devision at Columbia Business School, joins the Leader as Coach program with a special live session on change management. Professor Brockner is well known for his work in several areas, including the effects of organizational downsizing on the productivity and morale of the "survivors," the management of organizational change, organizational justice, self processes in organizations and managerial judgment and decision making. He teaches in the Schol's MBA and PhD programs and is an active consultant and speaker to companies worldwide.
During this program, you will have access to the following:
- Nine live webcasts every other Thursday from 7:30 pm–9:00 pm EST. (Recordings will be provided.)
- Each webcast includes key concepts, learnings from great transformers, live coaching of 1-2 participants, and Q&A.
- Nine 10-minute summary videos to be recorded at the end of the module to summarize the key learnings from that module
- Weekly discussion board
- Weekly feedback on key questions and common themes
- Individual coaching journaling
- Peer coaching, one-on-one to practice the learnings every 2 weeks
- Study-groups to meet once every 2 weeks to discuss key learnings and share writings
- Website with additional coaching resources added every week
- Optional add-on: one-on-one coaching with a master coach for those participants who are interested.
The program begins with the first webcast. The learning platform opens one week before program start, and the program's final project is due one month after the program concludes.
Who should attend
The program is designed for executives of all levels who are committed to their personal development as leaders and have a genuine interest in developing others.
The program is also highly valuable for intact teams and organizations, in particular those who are going through significant change and/or put a high value on maximizing the potential of their people.