Leader as Coach One-Day Course
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kelley School of Business.Full disclaimer.
In this one-day executive course from Kelley, you’ll discover the time-tested coaching techniques that great leaders use to motivate, challenge, and support employees.
Start building momentum in your career.
You’re ready to go to the next level in your career, and a short course from the Kelley School of Business Executive Education program will take you there. Interactive learning conducted by leading industry experts—all in one or two days.
Do you have the #1 trait of a great leader?
In 2008, Google launched a multi-year management research initiative code-named Project Oxygen. They discovered that great leaders share eight common traits. Chief among those traits? Great leaders are great coaches.
Coaching is the process, both an art and science, of facilitating experiential learning that results in future-oriented abilities. As a leadership skillset, coaching is one of the most underdeveloped and misunderstood.
Many leaders mistake developmental coaching as offering advice or skill training. While these are important and necessary skills, they’re not sufficient for organizational growth. Instead, for teams and individual contributors to truly flourish, leaders must commit to a coaching mentality.
Become the leader your team needs you to be.
In this one-day course you’ll discover the time-tested coaching techniques that great leaders use to motivate, challenge, and support employees. You’ll find out why your number one job as a leader is to help each member of your team develop their unique leadership potential, and you’ll practice the powerful methodologies that can guide them through their transformations.
You will spend time exploring the “advice trap” that keeps so many leaders from truly developing their talent, and how to overcome this barrier.
Learning outcomes: what you'll take back to the office
In this one-day course, you will:
- Study the nuances of developmental coaching and why it’s such a powerful management tool
- Discover how to use developmental coaching to improve your relationships with your team
- Learn how to develop members of your team into the leaders they need to become
- Consider the difference between coaching for skills, strategy, and development
- Determine the right type of coaching conversations to have with your team by using the CATSO model
- Explore the power of asking good questions
- Examine the pitfalls of the “advice trap” and how to avoid it
- Learn how to listen with intention and development in mind
Who should attend
If you are a leader who wants to improve your ability to coach others on your team, this course is for you.
If you are a leader interested in developing your own potential with proven coaching techniques, you will also find this course immensely useful.