Who should attend
You will benefit from this learning journey if you are a leader (at any level):
- Looking for successful methods to guide and inspire teams and individuals;
- Aiming to improve knowledge transfer or to encourage and empower others’ development;
- Interested in greater self-awareness of personal style and approaches to working with others;
- Wanting to acquire both the knowledge and skills that enable you to help others to develop to their fullest potential while helping your organization achieve key objectives.
About the course
How do you empower others to reach their full potential? Traditional, directive approaches inhibit development, whereas a coaching approach can result in: greater team knowledge and expertise, more motivated staff, more confident and resourceful individuals, and increased staff retention.
Designed to address everyday workplace situations, the aim of this blended program is to develop your coaching strategies, skills and confidence over a period of time. As you learn both foundational and advanced coaching concepts and frameworks, you will intentionally focus on practicing tools within your work environment. Practically applying your new knowledge will build positive habits and increase your effectiveness in leading yourself and your team.
Upon completing this blended learning program, you will be able to:
- Apply the fundamental concepts and skills of a coaching style of leadership;
- Engage in effective coaching conversations;
- Adapt your coaching style to fit various situations;
- Identify gaps in your coaching skills through analysis of live coaching sessions;
- Develop a coaching plan, highlighting your strengths and opportunities for growth;
- Draw on practical experiences to add enhanced approaches to your coaching skills;
- Develop strategies in coaching both difficult and high performers;
- Integrate new coaching tools and frameworks into the fabric of your organization.
Dr. Fred Jacques is an adjunct professor who has over 25 years of leadership development experience in both the private and public sectors. In addition to leading executive programs at Haskayne, Fred has taught at the University of Alberta, Royal Roads University, the Banff Centre for Management...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.