Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Acting as a coach, executives address the central requirement of an agile leadership: they see themselves as a service provider for their employees. Important is leadership at eye level with the goal of allowing employees to act and decide in a self-organized and responsible manner. In the role of a coach, managers concentrate on the resources of their team. They help them to help themselves and offer guidance without taking their responsibility off them or pursuing personal interests.
Coaching rarely succeeds intuitively for managers: in addition to personal competencies, communication skills and methodical expertise, the ability to master and reconcile the different roles of supervisor and coach is required.
- analyze the conditions under which they can accept coaching as an additional leadership role and be effective in it
- discuss the critical phases of the coaching process and develop action plans for a structured coaching method, based on practical experiences
- proven diagnostic concepts, useful communication techniques, typical interventions, and modes of behavior
- The business leader as an internal coach: role clarification and opportunities
- The coaching process: structure and process
- The actual coaching: conceptual basis and different forms of communication
- Diagnostic concepts of the coaching process
- Typical forms of intervention and behavior of the business leader as a coach
- Team coaching as a management task
- Individual preparation for the role as a coach
Who should attend
Business leaders with several years of management experience who are prepared to assume this role and view coaching to be a part of their management responsibility.
Trust the experts
Andreas Bernhardt is executive development advisor and lead coach at ESMT Berlin in Germany, founding member of ESMT's Center for Leadership Development Research, and manages ESMT's pool of executive coaches. He has over 20 years of practical leadership development experience with executives from...
Jeffrey Hull, Ph.D. is an author, educator and consultant with over twenty years experience partnering with C-suite executives on issues of high performance leadership, change management, organizational strategy, structure and culture. Dr. Hull is a highly sought-after facilitator, keynote speake...
Over 20 years of management experience in Digital, Organizational Development, Executive Learning and IT. Future pathfinder and travel companion in digital and non-digital transformation projects.Thought Leader on Co-Creationalism and Learning Ecosystems, Keynote Speaker and Digital Innovation St...