Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Start your journey from management to leadership, learning about what differentiates the two and what kind of leader you would like to be.
Effective and respected leaders have a clear starting point – they know the characteristics, behaviours and attitudes essential to achieve their vision. They also have the qualities that inspire their people to follow them and share that vision.
This course will introduce you to different models of leadership and practical tools to help you shape your personal style of leadership and make you a more effective leader.
Learning objectives of the course are:
- agree the main traits of great leaders and how your own characteristics compare
- consider appropriate differences between leadership and management and why they matter
- begin to identify your preferred leadership style and how you can progress this style through development planning
- consider what traits, tools and techniques can help you to become the leader you would like to be.
The course will cover:
- Why is Leadership Important?
- Leaders vs Managers
- Traits & Behaviours of Leaders
- What kind of leader do you want to be?
- Welcome to your Toolkit: practical tools you can use as a leader
- Welcome to Models Mastery: overview of some leadership models
- How to Motivate
- Influencing & Persuading
- Storytelling, communicating and emotional intelligence
- Brief overview of the role of ethics in leadership
- Signposting to other models to investigate.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at medium level managers/leaders or people tasked to lead a team or a major project. It is not suitable for junior or newly promoted managers, team leaders or very senior managers and leaders.
Trust the experts
Scott is an award winning creative, imaginative and commercially focused leadership, management and personal development expert. Scott has provided consultancy services for 100’s of different organisations in the private, public and voluntary sectors of the last 10 years through his business The ...
Jon is a seasoned professional in the related fields of leadership, teams and organisational performance improvement. His approach is grounded in a long business career, starting out as a graduate trainee at Procter & Gamble and moving through middle to senior management in the publishing ind...