Key Emotional Competence for Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
Emotional intelligence makes a significant difference to business bottom line. Management excellence requires emotional intelligence. Your ability to motivate staff and customers hinges upon your ability to connect well. Skilful connection with people requires emotional intelligence. We now know that emotional intelligence can be so critical in determining whether leaders, managers and executives are able to perform and function at their best in the workplace.
EQ is substantially more important than IQ in the contemporary business world. The lack of EQ is immediately evident and it is a very costly neglect for any individual and organisation. In this interconnected world, interpersonal skills are becoming the indispensable competence for workplace leaders. And there can be no interpersonal skills without EQ.
Knowing one’s own emotions and regulating them, recognising emotions in others and controlling them are key dimensions of EQ.
This is a highly hands-on course that aims to impart the steps you can take to achieve the three distinctive marks of excellence that a high EQ leader possesses; namely, unwavering commitment to task, fluid connection to people and creative passion for growth.
- To equip participants with emotional literacy, fitness, depth and alchemy
- To enhance participants’ emotional regulation ability for work performance
- To develop participants’ interpersonal expertise for highly effective people management
- To enrich participants’ passion for creative growth and business expansion
- How To Access the Emotional Mind for Management Excellence
- Attaining Good Connection through Emotional Grounding
- Steps To Increase Your Emotional Self and Other-Awareness To Unblock Interpersonal Obstacles
- Ways To Use Emotions For Effective Leadership
- Learning Key Steps for Regulating and Managing Emotions
- Channeling Emotions for Self- and Other- Motivation
- Skills for Effective Emotional Communication
- Reawakening Your Creative Expression for Service Excellence
- Stimulating mini-lectures
- Awareness skits, drama and role plays
- Learning games and simulations
- Empowering group interaction and discussions
- Practical case studies
Who should attend
Managers and Executives who seek to enhance their management excellence and competence.