Who should attend
- A B2B or B2C account manager
- A strategic account manager
- An account executive or senior account manager
- A business development manager
- A manager who’s responsible for key accounts or key account managers
- A sales manager or director who’s responsible for key customers
About the course
Build lasting relationships with customers – and add long-term value to your organization
In an increasingly competitive world, long-term customer relationships are essential to your organisation’s success. And managing your biggest strategic accounts effectively – at the same time as exploring growth opportunities – is a huge part of this.
This programme takes you into the world of Key Account Management. You’ll learn to manage customer relationships and boost engagement. You’ll discover how to retain strategic accounts and develop an efficient approach to handling them. And you’ll master the skills to drive even greater growth in your organisation.
How well do you know your customers? What kind of relationships do they have with your organisation? And what resources do you invest in strengthening these relationships?
If your organisation could be doing more to extract value from your customers, then this programme will help you to do it.
You’ll gain the frameworks and techniques you need to boost customer loyalty. You’ll learn how to create a key account strategy, identify your most valuable customers and have more productive sales negotiations with them. And crucially, you’ll get the skills to encourage your customers to spend more and add even greater value to your organization.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value for you and your company of following the 'Key Account Management' programme?
By the end of this programme, you will have defined key account management and what it looks like in your organisation – and developed deep insight into the role sales professionals play in business today.
You’ll also have the skills and knowledge to:
- Explain the impact sales have on a balance sheet
- Analyse your customers’ financial health
- Build a joint customer strategy
- Adopt co-creation approaches
When you come to Vlerick, you step away from your usual routine and gain a wider, more strategic perspective. You’ll learn by doing – taking theory and tools from the classroom and applying them in real life. Everything you learn is relevant to your organisation and the challenges you face – and has an immediate impact in your workplace.
We believe learning is an engaging experience. So whether you study face-to-face or online, you’ll share your journey with a diverse group of peers – gaining insights you may not have considered before. And you’ll have expert faculty to challenge you, support you and get the best from you. They bring a wealth of experience from their own professional lives.
The programme 'Key Account Management' consists of 3 modules:
Module 1: The building blocks of Key Account Management
- Defining Key Account Management
- The role of Key Account Managers
- Key Account Management framework fundamentals
- The drivers of key account effectiveness
- Analysing customer portfolio management
Module 2: Designing a strategic account plan
- Working with your customer to create a strategic account plan
- Understanding balance sheets – both your organisation’s and your customer’s
Module 3: Co-creating with customers
- Getting more value from your customers
- Identifying the right customers for co-creation
- Multi-stakeholder mapping in the co-creation process
- Involving suppliers in the co-creation process
Mathieu shows how insights into financial figures and decisions can lead to value creation. Mathieu Luypaert is Associate Professor of Corporate Finance and Programme Director of the Masters of General Management at Vlerick Business School. Mathieu Luypaert obtained the title of Doctor in Applie...
I am passionate about sharing my experiences that I have gained while working with over 30 companies, about how companies that are transitioning through a change process manage their sales and service organisations to ensure maximum effectiveness while continuing to be efficient. Deva Rangarajan...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.