Jump-Starting Your Lean Effort: an Overview and Live Simulation of Lean Manufacturing
As the world grows smaller, your organization's competition continues to increase. In this course, learn how to begin the Lean transformation vital to gaining a competitive edge. Eliminate overproduction from traditional production management systems and link processes to internal and external demand. You will also utilize Value Stream Mapping (VSM) as a tool to guide implementation efforts.
What You Will Learn
- Waste identification and reduction
- How to identify value added versus non value added.
- Foundation Lean techniques
- Advanced Lean techniques
- How to facilitate VSM events
- How VSM can create the "road map" of success
How You Will Benefit
- Experience the impact of Lean practices on a production process.
- Use Lean techniques to eliminate waste.
- Use VSM to see the waste in your system and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Understand how to increase throughput, reduce waste, increase profitability, and reduce lead times to make your firm more competitive.
FOUNDATION OF LEAN
- The evolution of Lean
- Key elements of Lean
- Why now?
- How is it different?
PRINCIPLES OF LEAN
- Eight wastes
- Value added versus non-value added
- Lead time
UNDERSTANDING THE CURRENT STATE
- Value streaming mapping basics
- How to facilitate the VSM event
- How to identify and analyze opportunities
BEGINNING LEAN TOOLS
- Point-of-use storage
- Set up time reduction
- Batch size reduction
- Takt time
ADVANCED LEAN TOOLS
- Visual controls
- Quality at the source
- Standardized work
- Pull systems
- Total productive maintenance
PLANNING & IMPLEMENTING THE CHANGES
- How to brainstorm and consensus building
- Action planning
- How to develop the "road map"
- Culture change
Who should attend
This course is designed for general managers, plant managers, operations managers, and continuous improvement and manufacturing managers in manufacturing, supply chain, and logistics.