About the course
A Product Sharing Contract (PSC) is used in key oil and gas producing countries, each of these have different approaches and levels of complexity. These complex agreements include a number of clauses that have particular legal interpretation and accompanying fiscal formulas. Therefore, it is crucial to have the correct understanding of the terms in order to calculate the formulas correctly and ensure a smooth agreement implementation.
During this training, delegates will acquire a clear understanding of the fundamentals of PSCs, along with Joint Operating Agreements (JOAs) negotiation techniques and strategies that work in international and multicultural settings. Delegates will also master how to effectively negotiate in concert with counsel and how to get the terms negotiated incorporated into an enforceable agreement.
The five-day training course is specifically designed for professionals involved nationally and internationally in the oil and gas industry, it offers a unique opportunity to rapidly increase your understanding of the legal issues involved in PSCs and JOAs to in various international scenarios and to improve your techniques and skills in drafting a variety of related contracts.
At the end of this Oxford seminar, you will:
- Understand the evolution of the PSCs, JOAs and Service Agreements
- Learn the negotiation techniques and the role of the counsel
- Differentiate the comparisons of model PSCs in various countries
- Identify and Analyse the key provisions to make PSC work
- Know the PSCs arrangements within the host government contract's framework
- Avoid commonly occurring causes of disputes and to gain knowledge of International Dispute Resolution Framework and Institutions: how to negotiate arbitration clauses
- Understand the common problems and pitfalls in negotiating PSC contracts
This Oxford training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts Managers and Administrators in the Oil and Gas sector looking to improve their drafting and negotiation skills with particular emphasis on the risk assessment clauses
- Legal practitioners looking to increase their Oil and Gas Contracts Law knowledge and how to avoid common contractual pitfalls
- Geologists and engineers who seek practical understanding of the legal aspect surrounding contracts
- Academics /Students looking for increase or specialise in the area of Oil and Gas Law
- Insurance and Risk Managers looking to reduce the legal and contract risks for their companies
- Government Departments, Policy Makers and Regulators
This Oxford training seminar will discuss the evolution of the PSCs, Service Agreements and Concessionary Systems, Joint Operation Agreements (JOAs), Comparisons of model PSCs in various countries, Negotiation Techniques and the Role of Counsel, and Explanation and Analysis of Key Provisions to make the PSC work.
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.