Job Evaluation & Analysis (Endorsed by ILM Under “professional job Analyst”)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Oxford Management Centre.Full disclaimer.
This seminar is designed to provide participants with an understanding of job analysis and job evaluation. Participants will consider how jobs are analysed and how job evaluation can be applied to the design, development and implementation of pay and grade structures. Participants will also explore how different compensation systems can be applied to pay and grading structures and in particular the link with broader issues of employee motivation.
Highlights of the seminar include:
- Reviewing different formats for the development of job profiles
- Acquiring competency in a number of job evaluation techniques including the application of debating and influencing skills
- Developing a pay and grading structure
- Exploring how different approaches to compensation, including performance-related pay can be applied to pay and grading structures
- Developing a strategic view of pay, grading and compensations systems that will enable participants to advise the senior management team on compensation related issues.
Event Management Specialist is a fully endorsed programme and upon completion of the seminar and assessment, successful applicants will also be awarded a Certificate from the ILM.
Attending this seminar will help you to:
- Understand job analysis and evaluation techniques
- Understand the stages involved in a job analysis and job evaluation project
- Undertake and apply a variety of techniques to analyse and evaluate specific jobs
- Apply the results of job evaluation to design and develop a pay and grading structure
- Develop and apply different compensation systems to pay and grading structures to reflect organisational culture.
- Examine different ways to implement the above processes
The learning approaches applied during the course will involve the practical application of job evaluation techniques. Participants will work on an individual and group basis to analyse job profiles and evaluate them applying both non-analytical and analytical job evaluation schemes. The course will involve the development of a pay and grading structure and the compensation systems that can augment these structures.
Organisations will benefit as follows:
- Pay and grading structures will be appropriate and aligned with organisational objectives
- Managers and HR professionals will have the necessary skills and knowledge to maintain pay and grading structures
- Organization will be competitive in the market place in relation to having the right pay and grading structures
- Organisations’ will be able to attract and retain the people they need to be successful
- Having appropriate, competitive and well maintained pay and grading structures will result in employees feeling valued and motivated
- Organisations will have managers and HR professionals who are aware of the need to control the cost of pay and grading structures and the knowledge to maintain such structures within affordable limits.
Those attending will benefit as follows:
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of job analysis and job evaluation
- Understand a variety of different job evaluation techniques
- Understand how job evaluation contributes to the development, design and implementation of a pay and grading structure
- Be able to make a strategic contribution to the organisation in the area of pay and grading
- Be able to advise senior management or the directors of the organisation of the value of different approaches to employee compensation
- Understand how different approaches to employee compensation can impact on employee motivation and organizational performance
Day1 - An Introduction to job analysis and job evaluation
- The corporate environment
- The HR role and line management responsibilities
- An introduction to job analysis
- An introduction to job evaluation
- The use of behavioural competencies
- The need for job analysis and evaluation
- The relationship with wider reward management planning
- Change Management
Day2 - Job Analysis Techniques
- Definition of role and job analysis
- Compare various techniques to analyse specific jobs
- Examine different methodologies
- Designing appropriate job profile documentation
- Selecting benchmark jobs
- The role of the job analyst
- Collecting, recording and analysing information
- The job analysis interview
- Completing the job profile document
Day3 - Types of Scheme
- Definition of job evaluation
- Uses of job evaluation
- Examine different methodologies
- Analytical and non-analytical schemes
- Points rating
- Factor comparison
- Job ranking
- Internal benchmarking or job matching
- Job classification
- Assessing evaluation schemes
Day4 - Implementation and Operational Considerations
- Explore the links between job analysis and job evaluation
- Design and operational guidelines
- Grade structure guidelines
- Implementation framework
- Options for implementation – full or staged
- Communicating the results
- Managing appeals for re-grading
- Job Analysis and Evaluation
Day5 - Employee Motivation
- Employee Motivation
- Equity Theory – Procedural and Distributive Justice
- Merit pay and incremental pay
- Pay progression
- Selecting and training analysts
- Putting in place arrangements for on-going maintenance
- Review of success criteria
- Personal planning
- A Certificate of Completion from Oxford Management Centre will be issued to all participants who attend the programme from the beginning to the end.
- Upon completion of the optional assessment, successful participants will also receive a certificate from the ILM.
Who should attend
- HR Professionals who have responsibility for influencing compensation policy and structures within their organisation
- HR Professionals who need to understand more about pay and grading structures and how they are designed and implemented
- Any Management Professionals who makes compensation related decisions, e.g. determines pay level awards in the course of completing employee appraisals
- HR Professionals who advise senior managers on compensation issues.
- Line Professionals and HR Professionals, Compensation and Benefit Specialists.
- Senior Management Professionals and HR Professionals who need to have a strategic understanding and view of employee compensation.