Who should attend
- Marketing communications professionals
- Organizational leaders who want accountability in marketing programs
- Account executives working in performance-based interactive marketing
- Clients of an agency or consulting firm who want perspective to evaluate service
- Brand managers trying to add interactive and direct marketing to a budget
- Small business owners or entrepreneurs needing cost-effective marketing tools
- Customer relationship management managers wanting to retain the best customers
- Acquisitions managers who wish to build lifetime customer value
- Retention managers who want to communicate effectively with valuable customers
- Experienced marketers wishing to acquire new skill sets
About the course
The Ron Jacobs and Bob Stone Multichannel Marketing Communications Certificate Program is designed to help marketers keep up to date on the rapidly changing field of direct, interactive, digital and database marketing. You will learn how SEO, paid search, web analytics, social media, banner advertising, ROI’s, KPI’s, performance tracking and database management are being integrated into the marketing communications system to make its results more measurable. You’ll learn about these new marketing communications techniques and how to build them into a marketing presentation.
This eight-week certificate program can be taken as a stand-alone course, and also fulfills one of the core requirements in DePaul’s Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate Program.
- Gain extraordinary, practical expertise from successful practitioners
- Learn the most powerful and cost-effective way to market and secure new customers
- Implement direct, interactive, digital and database marketing in your organizationo
Week 1 - Multichannel Marketing Communication
- How marketers build multichannel marketing communication
- How multichannel is evolving
- Using smarter data, not just bigger data
- The growing role of inbound and content marketing
- Focus on outcomes, not processes
- Best practices in marketing measurement
- Case study
Week 2 - The Growing Role of Data in Marketing
- Marketing to an individual person
- How data helps engage an audience across channels
- How is the data compiled
- What are the expectations from customers who share data
- What are the challenges/concerns with leveraging customer data in your marketing programs
Marketing Measurement & Attribution
- How is marketing measured
- How do marketers track customer journeys
- How can marketing be optimized via measurement
Week 3 - Social Advertising
- An overview of the social advertising industry and it’s growth over the last decade
- A review of social publishers and their various ad offerings
- Best practices for social advertising
- A step-by-step walkthrough of a social campaign from start to finish
Week 4 - Search Engine Marketing
- Investment options and best practices for targeting your audience online. How marketers leverage Google and others to target search.
- What are best practices and risks of Display advertising.
Week 5 - Marketing Creative
- How to best reach your target audience with the right messaging
- The creation process for building advertising assets
- What makes good ads vs bad ads
Search Engine Optimization
- The difference between paid search advertising and organic search optimization
- How search engines rank pages
- What marketers do to get their pages ranked higher
- White hat and black hat SEO techniques
Week 6 - Channel Connection & Innovation
- Google's perspective on Innovation and multichannel marketing. How can marketers connect the dots?
- What's on the horizon for future marketing considerations?
Week 7 - Direct Mail / Email / Addressable Media
- How marketers leverage CRM and addressable media. Why direct mail still matters and how its changed over time. Business models - b2b vs b2c
- b2b channels for marketing
Week 8 Final student presentations
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.