Who should attend
You are an entrepreneur or mid-level manager responsible for driving new ideas in your business. Your employer has tasked you with looking into new business opportunities surrounding IoT. You have an innovative mindset and are curious about new technologies. You don’t need to be a technical person to understand this program.
Your class is individually put together through a selection process to ensure that you experience the most impactful learning with a truly diverse group of global peers. Your class will become a trusted resource, encourage your learning journey and surprise you in many unanticipated beneficial ways both during and beyond your classroom experience.
About the course
- Develop strategies for IoT that can help transform your company
- Use design thinking to create IoT solutions that go to the heart of customer needs
- Get hands-on experience with fast pretotyping and testing
- Gain exclusive insights on how to manage the adoption of your solution through a real-life corporate examples
Develop your IoT projects using a customer-centric approach
Are you looking to drive new technology opportunities in your company? Are you wondering how IoT is implemented? Then this Internet of Things course is for you.
You will become familiar with the IoT fundamentals by gaining an understanding of the Internet of Things strategies and the practical aspects of taking an IoT solution from ideation to adoption.
You will identify customer-centric IoT business opportunities and create an IoT project of your own concept and get exclusive insights into how to manage adoption through a real-world corporate business case.
You will complete this Internet of Things training with the knowledge and confidence to help you achieve your business goals through IoT technology.
You can take this course as part of the IMD Digital Excellence Diploma, or as a standalone IoT course and get your certification.
Immerse yourself in the possibilities of IoT technology
This online course brings you all the latest knowledge about the Internet of Things. It will give you the hands-on experience to develop IoT strategies that solve customer problems, as well as teach you the link between Artificial Intelligence and IoT. You will earn by doing and will finish with a self-created pretotype of your own concept and real-world knowledge about how to manage the adoption of your solution.
The program is structured into five units, covering the following topics:
Unit 1: Design thinking
- Understand the starting point for developing a digital IoT solution
- Learn about Design Thinking: the mindset, ways of working and
- Learn how to apply design thinking to your particular digital IoT opportunity
Unit 2: The Internet of Things (IoT) unveiled
- Discover the evolution over time of Internet of Things technology
- Understand the IoT technology potential for your business
- Learn how to apply IoT technologies to your business
- Learn how to deal with security and security management
Unit 3: Big data, IoT, and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Understand the motivation behind the use of big data and AI in the context of IoT applications
- Understand Machine Learning (ML) and the philosophy behind neural networks
- Understand the challenges of Machine Learning (ML) applications
Unit 4: Digital solution compass and prototyping
- Understand the drivers of developing a digital IoT solution
- Learn about the options of value creation using IoT and AI / ML
- Learn how to create a digital compass for your IoT solution
- Learn how to prototype your solution
Unit 5: Adoption and agility
- Learn to ensure the adoption of your digital IoT solution
- Learn to engage your key stakeholders
- Learn to use the concept of Agile to develop your digital IoT solution
Bettina Büchel has been Professor of Strategy and Organization at IMD since 2000. Her current research topics include strategy implementation, new business development, strategic alliances and change management. She has led both public programs, such as Orchestrating Winning Performance and Stra...
David Atienza Alonso is associate professor of electrical engineering and director of the Embedded Systems Laboratory (ESL) at the Institute of Electrical Engineering within the School of Engineering (STI) of EPFL, Switzerland. Previously he was associate professor at the Computer Architecture an...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.